• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • bit breezy…
  • debaser

36 – 52 mph ssw wind in Edinburgh for the ride home from work 😯

If I don’t die, I’m going to get home pretty quickly.

roady_tony
    Free Member

take it easy man!!!!!

gordimhor

Its the horizontal rain that pisses me off

seosamh77
    Free Member

I had a rather interesting cycling home there thru glasgow, the rain nearly took my face off, wind neary chucked me off about 3 times!!

If ever there was a good excuse to cycle on pavements this is it, great fun though! woud have been better if i had the wind at my back mind!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Its the horizontal rain that pisses me off

Horizontal woud have been nice! This stuff goes up the way! 😯

Highland28
    Free Member

Had the same for my cycle back from uni, nearly hit the pavement as a gust of wind came down a junction joining the road I was on (Just passed the Murrayfield Sainsbury’s) Never cycled in so much wind and come in so wet from only riding on the road. Crazy but good fun 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

On a side note, cleary the ultimate choice in cycling footwear for 2011! works a treat!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Yup, communting today was awful. Got caught in the snow this morning, and then in the heavy rain/wind on the way home. Thankfully i’d struggled in in the headwind but it seemed to changed direction on the way home, some bits i was flying, others i ground to a halt. Riding up my street into the headwind, with a bag full of work and running clothes, 1 litre of milk, and only one chain ring at the front = awful!

It was dry for my run at lunch, and the protest outside work too though.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I went to the gym after work and I don’t know what was harder, that or cycling back. There were a lot of small branches on the road too which my light wasn’t picking out too easy. Good fun.

crazy-legs

I discovered why I had an average speed of nearly 20mph on the way to work this morning. It sadly wasn’t cos I’m awesome (TM Surf-Mat), it was cos I had a screaming tailwind.

I found this out when I set off home and found I had a screaming headwind. 🙁

Kevevs
    Free Member

if you do a stupid job, like pushing hundreds of trolleys about in a supermarket carpark, for 9 hrs, against the wind, on a day like this? you don’t need to ride a bike to keep fit.

coastkid
    Free Member

Cancelled nightride for the East lothian posse tonight 😥
    Its wild here!,
    been out to recover the wheelie bin 3 times but now its bungied to wall by the down pipes…(awaits gutter and roof removed in next big gust…)

pixelmix
    Free Member

Mrs PixelMix has refused to let me go for my weekly run tonight, presumably on the basis that I might get blown away. Apparently if I went out, she couldn’t guarantee that there would be dinner for me when I got back. As a result, I am now sitting on the sofa with a glass of wine. Glad I went out on the bike last night.

It still isn’t quite as biblical as last night. The simultaneous high winds and huge claps of thunder over Edinburgh were interesting at 11pm.

ojom
    Free Member

see i am so desperate to ride i would have gladly gone out in this weather.

*wonders if constultant will shout at him if he goes riding….*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘bit breezy…’ is closed to new replies.