Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Biscuits that disappoint
  • Harry_the_Spider

Due to an input error at the vending machine I am now the proud owner of a Cadbury’s Time Out. Disappointed.
    It could have been worse. It could have been a microscopic Fruit and Nut.

Name your biscuits of disappointment.

IanMunro
    Free Member

With the exception of Rich Tea, anything that doesn't have chocolate I can lick off is always a slight disappointment

spacecadett
    Free Member

Kit Kat Chunkys are very disappointing. The original version is still the best biscuit in the universe.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Didn't make me feel like dancing or increased empathy with those around me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Kit Kat Chunkys are very disappointing.

Incorrect – you just need to chill them in the fridge before consumption for best effect.

In fact, anything with chocolate on/in/made entirely of requires chilling.

Anyway – a Chunky Kit Kat isn't really a biscuit is it?

MrAgreeable

Rice Krispies Squares are just an overpackaged version of the familiar children's party standby.

I'm always disappointed at my ability to eat huge quantities of Jaffa Cakes, notwithstanding how nasty they are.

Harry_the_Spider

Anyway – a Chunky Kit Kat isn't really a biscuit is it?

Yes it is, but that a debate for another day.

I agree with you regarding the temperature. Cold is best. I'm not sure about the peanut and caramel variants. It is the pushbike equivalent of 160mm forks on 2004 Inbred.

If bikes were biscuits…

Inbred = Standard issue Kit Kat or a Tunnock's wafer.

lunge

Bourbons, I really don't rate them.

stumpy01

Timeouts are great.
    But that wasn't the question – disappointing biscuits…..

Most of the ones in Family Circle boxes
    NICE biscuits – bleurgh
    Rich Tea
    Bourbons
    Custard Creams

Not necessarily in that order.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a jammie dodger the other day after not having one for years. I was rather underwhelmed by it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why are so many biscuits names after Revolutionaries?

DaRC_L

Ahh but Bourbons and Custard Creams still win in the bangs for your buck stakes…

AndyP
    Free Member

jaffa cakes. too small.

Why are so many biscuits names after Revolutionaries?
    I can only think of 3…Bourbon, Garibaldi, Peek Freans Trotsky Assortment?

z1ppy

Kit Kat Chunkys are very disappointing. Your soooo wrong, the caramel version at the moment is fantastic, though as mentioned is it really a biscuit?

Off-hand the only one I'm really currently enjoying are Oreo's, everything else Sainsbury's stocks seem to be sad pale imitations of what I remember to be great biscuits, even the "taste the difference" range are crap.

What I really want is a decent, not cheap and nasty, custard cream.
    It's not alot to ask for, is it?
    Your faithfully the cookie monster….

johnners
    Free Member

jammy dodgers -not jammy, just a thin layer of tough red stuff
    bourbons – look promising, but don't taste of chocolate
    custard creams – neither custard or creamy
    rich tea – how poor are you if that's what you think "rich" means?
    nice – aren't very

all a bit of a let down

stumpy01

I forgot Jammie Dodgers. The 'jam' just sticks in your teeth & isn't at all like jam.

Her Indoors bought some cheap Tesco cookies the other day – apparently they were something like 65p and come in a Boasters style plastic wrapper thing. Mmmmmm, they were reet lovely.

Bang for your buck – Bourbon & custard cream. I'd rather go without, than bother with either 'biscuit' 😉

In my Student days you could get a 3 pack of Maryland Cookies for about £1.20 – now that was bang for your buck!

Chocolate Caramel Digestives absolutely rock, but contain more calories/biscuit than I care to consider while eating the damn things!!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I should really get involved with this thread…but I won't. 🙂

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Almost all the ones in a biscuits for cheese box … other than the ones that are like a digestive that they dont sell in anything other than a cheese box 🙁

freeform5spot
    Free Member

wagon wheels – no way as good as I remembered!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I can only think of 3…Bourbon, Garibaldi, Peek Freans Trotsky Assortment?

Winner 🙂

Revolutionary biscuits of Italy
    Rise up out of your box!
    You have nothing to lose but your wafers
    Yum yum yum yum yum!'

MrAgreeable

Floaty air biscuits.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ritz, ok it's a cracker rather than a biscuit, but tragically disappointing when you get ones without much salt on em.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I couldn't help myself….

Jammy Dodgers are pants. Those Pink Wafers are pretty naff too. Never really cared for plain biscuits such as rich tea, digestives and the like.

Generally though biscuits are brilliant.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nice Biscuits have to be the worst disappointment. If you're actually goign to call a bsicuit "nice" then it really ought to be nice rather than decidedly average.

Itd be like calling your product Awesome Biscuits and them just being a chocolate digestive with "awesome" written on.

cxi
    Free Member

Anyone tried Party Rings recently?

I suspect the lack of artificial colours would make them half the biscuit they were.

lunge

Malted Milk and Chocolate Hob-Nobs, those two are the kings of the biscuit world. Fox's crunch cream run them close and a chocolate malted milk is a rare treat if you ever manage to find them.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Was just going to mention party rings. The other ones that are disappointing are those marshmallow/coconutty things that look like the underside of a lactating sow.

AndyP
    Free Member

Nice Biscuits have to be the worst disappointment. If you're actually goign to call a bsicuit "nice" then it really ought to be nice rather than decidedly average.

But it's Nice as in the place in France, not as in whether they're any cop or not. Bourbon biscuits don't contain any alcohol…(hang on…what an idea! Biscuits & booze. All major food groups covered in one bite-size item)

Harry_the_Spider

Nice biscuits are still called Nice as they can't emboss the words "Decidedly Average" on them because:-

a) It would require a reduction in font size that would be lost under the dusting of sugar

or

b) They would be nearly a foot long.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I saw an advert for 'bite-size' biscuits last week.

I thought to myself – aren't all biscuits bite-sized and wouldn't it be spectacularly stupid to have a range of biscuits specifically created to be larger than the average mouth and therefore impossible to eat.

Its a bit like 'fun-size' chocolate bars. WTF is fun about eating LESS chocolate?

clubber
    Free Member

There are some wronguns on this thread.

KitKat chunkys are great (but must be cold)
    Jammie Dodgers are gurt lush (the jam's supposed to stick to your teeth!)

and Jaffa Cakes (obviously not actually a biscuit…) are clearly number 1 – chocolate, orange and cake all in one easy to devour pack of 12 (or 15) – and make no mistake, anyone who ever only eats part of a pack is just WRONG

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

AndyP you have just sparked a memory, my mum used to do a dessert with ginger snaps soaked in brandy, then mad a sandwich with cream & chocolate, I feel sick remembering trying to fit fourths in … 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

This thread has the makings of a classic It would require a reduction in font size that would be lost under the dusting of sugar. Inspired.

And Jaffa cakes – aren't they less calories each than water and celery. Or soemthing like that.

Harry_the_Spider

Iced Gems

Another rubbish biscuit of yesteryear. Like mini gravel pizzas.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

& I had a mate at school who could turn a rich tea over whole in his mouth … that takes some doing I can tell you.

Anyway .. Dark Choc Diggies are best … Nice ones are just rubbish

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Its a bit like 'fun-size' chocolate bars. WTF is fun about eating LESS chocolate?

LOL! Very true.

I'm finding it hard to be disappointed by any biscuit, but ginger nuts are a bit boring. Too hard. I don't like my nuts too hard, or ginger.

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com

MrAgreeable

From the genius website http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com

Q. Why are 'Nice' biscuits called that?

A. I don't know because they are possibly one of the nastiest biscuits ever, perhaps its sarcasm. Also if you are new to this site and are about to email me saying "Actually its because they are named after the town in the south of France" don't. They're not from there, nobody there has ever heard of them. Hop on an Easyjet flight get yourself down there and ask around, you'll get even blanker Gallic looks than usual. Back when they were invented Huntley and Palmer were knocking out over 450 sorts of biscuits, so naming new sorts of biscuits was probably a matter of just going through the phone book or index in the atlas. Anyhow I don't like them.

DaRC_L

Hmmm there are only 2 real disappointments I've ever had with biscuits –

1) Stale biscuits – as I tell my family if they're left in the barrel for more than a couple of days they go off. Nothing is worse than a stale biscuit.

2) The 'biscuit' I climbed up on the windowsill to eat as a 3year old. At 3 I knew all brown round things were biscuits and I loved biscuits. There was a brown round thing on the windowsill.
    I climbed up there to eat it.
    I discovered not all brown round things were biscuits… they could be a dead cactus 🙁

MrAgreeable

All chocolate bisuits are disappointing after one has experienced the tombstone-like proportions of a Bahlsen Choco-Leibniz.

Bimbler
    Free Member

My kids have seemingly garnered a liking for Oreos from their peer group – now they are proper nasty.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Biscuits that disappoint’ is closed to new replies.