Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Birmingham O2 – Parking and restuarant
  • samuri
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good place to park and have something to eat near the O2 Arena in Birmingham please?
    Tomorrow night. I thought I’d found a decent looking car park but then I saw there’s a massive dual carriage way between it and the O2 with no obvious crossing points. Eatery can be cheap, clean and friendly, doesn’t need to be classy.

Ta.

lunge

Parking – The MailBox is about a 10 minute walk, it’s safe and clean but not overly cheap. There is also a NCP multi-storey down towards New Street Station, off St Judes Passage North Road. You can get across the dual carriage way via an underpass through the big roundabout opposite the venue.

Food wise, Le Truc is a 10 minute walk away, its a pretty cheap French place that does some very good food. The Victoria isn’t far away either on John Bright Street, they do some top class standard pub food.

jamj1974

Enjoy Blondie!

jamj1974

Enjoy Blondie!

z1ppy

O2 Academy? Walk up toward that huge glass thing and there’s subways to get you across the road @ the island. Walk further up and you’ve got the Mailbox full of places to eat, walk round the corner to Brindley place (off broad street) again the place is full of restaurants, or walk directly opposite (via subway) and you’ve got china quarter.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks. Are there restaurants in the Mailbox worth going to? That would make sense to me then we can just walk down from there…

samuri
    Free Member

Oh, I will enjoy Blondie. I’ll be 14 all over again.

z1ppy

Lots of choices in the mailbox from Pizza express, posh burgers, all your std chains or walk over to Marco Pierre White (not in the mailbox but literally next door) you’ll find something to take your fancy.

samuri
    Free Member

Brilliant. Ta. I tried to book online for Marco but Saturday was all blocked out.

z1ppy

Give em a ring, they might have a late cancellation, if you want more choice, wander over to brindley place (via the canal path..) 2 minutes from the mailbox we like Piccolino’s but lots to choose from.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve decided I’ve done enough for this. My plan is, drive to the Mailbox, park up, find place to eat with available seats, eat there. I’ve told my wife this, given her the mailbox details and left her to it. I’m driving 4 of us there and back from the North so won’t be having a drink, if she wants to have seats booked somewhere then she can do that bit.

Equality see.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

An alternative to the mailbox would be The Arcadian Centre next to the chinese quarter/Hippodrome- still close (across the road) but a bit cheaper and possibly not as busy

samuri
    Free Member

OK, ta.

blurty

If you like proper cantonese, the Chung Ying on Wrottesly St in China Town is great (5 Mins from the O2)

samuri
    Free Member

Many thanks for your help.
    Parking at the mailbox was dead easy, we had a nice meal at the Oriental there and it’s only a short walk to the O2.

Blondie was amazing especially considering she is 69.

jamj1974

Excellent! I would have gone but was already going to Shrewsbury Fields.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Birmingham O2 – Parking and restuarant’ is closed to new replies.