Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bioshock on XBox 360
  • Not played it, or even demo’ed it, but it looks like the kind of game that might appeal to me – who’s tried it and is BS2 better than the original?

Ta

Creg

Havn’t played BS2 but BS1 is brilliant. The gameplay is fast and keeps you on your toes.

Well worth a look IMO

Cougar

I believe (having not played them beyond half an hour at a mates on BS1) that BS2 is better than BS1, but you’re better off playing BS1 first as the story follows on. I believe also that they’re both very good.

Could be wrong though.

Jamie
    Free Member

BS 1 > BS 2

hmm, Creg has swayed me a bit with the ‘fast gameplay’, as I’m a bit of a spaz. Coping (just) with the Batman Arkham Asylum Demo, as for the most of it you can go at your own pace.

I have to be able to think about what buttons to press, otherwise I just end up flapping & mashing everything in the vain hope it will work.

A teenager I aint.

Jamie
    Free Member

A teenager I aint.

I’m 31 and I pwn n00bs for realz!

Drac

BS is good BS2 is essentilly a add on pack not worth it really.

Haze

I’ve just restarted Bioshock 2 after replacing my 360 following it’s demise last summer.

Loved the first one, the follow up is more of the same with enough tweaking to keep it fresh whilst not moving too far from what made the original so good. Play them in order, not essential but you may find the first one missing a little if you’ve already completed the sequel.

May become a little too repetetive to play them both so close together, I’d leave it a while and play something else between.

Cougar

If you’re looking for a spaz-friendly “running around shooting crap” game, I can heartily recommend Red Dead Redemption (aka ‘Grand Theft Horsey’) – I’ve almost completed it now and it’s kept me gripped. Really playable, amusing characters and interesting storyline.

Cougar – noted, as I’d had my eye on that, ta.

As for BS – if I went straight for BS2 and completely ignored BS1 for the rest of my life, would I really be missing out?

Haze

Probably not, but if you really like it then you’ve pissed on your chips a bit…

Jamie
    Free Member

As for BS – if I went straight for BS2 and completely ignored BS1 for the rest of my life, would I really be missing out?

Personally I think you will. Zero Punctuation agrees with me:

NSFW

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1494-BioShock-2

Cougar

One thing of note, RDR is somewhat ‘adult’ in language, not one to play if you’ve got kids in earshot.

Haze

Some pretty colourful language from the AI’s in Bioshock too…

Not bothered about language, as Jnr STR goes to bed at 20.30, Mrs STR around 22.00, then (when I’m not working away) the Xbox comes out.

Zero Punctuation not a fan then, from what I could make out.

Jamie
    Free Member

Some pretty colourful language from the AI’s in Bioshock too…

…and obviously there is the killing of things. Let’s not forget that 😉

Bioshock was an 18 cert if I remember right.

Creg

Zero Punctuation not a fan then, from what I could make out.

I think he pretty much dislikes everything.

Fallout3 is pretty sedate. It has its moments but you can always fall back on the automated targeting system if it gets too much.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think he pretty much dislikes everything.

He dislikes somethings less than others 8)

fubar
    Free Member

BS1 is better than BS2 IMO.
    (in 2) they ‘lost’ the fun hacking subgame and the collecting of stuff to combine and make amo.

unovolo
    Free Member

Agree with Fubar,
    BS2 is good but not quite as original and addictive as BS1.

With the price they are secondhand you may as well get both.

Looking forward to the 3rd Installment: Bioshock Infinite.

Watched the trailer and gameplay and setting is very different.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/irrational-debuts-new-bioshock-infinite-trailer/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bioshock on XBox 360’ is closed to new replies.