Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 165 total)
  • Bin Laden is dead.
  • R.lepecha

According to US media Bin Laden is dead and Obama is due to make a speech shortly. Its on the BBC site.

yossarian
    Free Member

Hooray!

We won!

Etc

I do think that the audacity and daring of the 9-11 operation made such fools of the US that they felt the need to start a war or two and invade some sandy country whilst shouting.

davetrave
    Free Member

Does that mean I can go home now…?

I do think that the audacity and daring of the 9-11 operation made such fools of the US that they felt the need to start a war or two and invade some sandy country whilst shouting.

Like they’ve reportedly been doing outside the White House since the announcement – “USA, USA”…

twentyniners
    Free Member

Will it make any difference?

Apart from to OBL himself.

NZCol

Quite frankly I am deeply sceptical.

Kato

NZCol – Member

Quite frankly I am deeply sceptical.

Quite. The way the BBC are reporting it is that a small group of Americans “found him and killed him”. Why wouldn’t they have captured him and paraded him around?

NZCol

My scepticism is based on the fact that they have already killed have they not, or reported so once and then retracted it. Absolute bo-lax. When’s the next US election ? Anything happening there just now ?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If it’s true, will there be a spate of revenge attacks by terrorists?

duckman

Was his head not worth millions of dollars? (or millions of 60p’s)Thus making it worth your while to produce said noggin for display.

Edukator
    Free Member

So the crooked one (Obama)got the lion (Osama) where the shrub (Bush) failed. Perhaps Sarkozy was right to spell the US president’s name “Barak”.

TooTall
    Free Member

What was the alternative – not hunt him down?

LHS
    Free Member

Glad they have finally got him. Bit of an anti-climax as he would undoubtedly be dead within a year or two from his various ailments but good that he has finally paid.

twentyniners
    Free Member

TT, yes you’re right to say he needed capturing.

It was the “killing” bit – with glorification – that made me feel slightly uncomfortable.

Whatever he may or may not have done everybody should have a fair trial.

Now that will open another can of worms……. Guantanamo….

Edukator
    Free Member

America now needs a new bogeyman to blame for their self-generated ills. Who do you think can replace Osama in the hearts and minds of Americans?

LHS
    Free Member

America now needs a new bogeyman to blame for their self-generated ills. Who do you think can replace Osama in the hearts and minds of Americans?

Maybe they will take some direction from the hypocrisy the UK and France spout.

M6TTF
    Free Member

They have confirmed his death, and have the body – good news, but the fight will go on

cranberry
    Free Member

No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

Interesting wording – could be read that OBL did not take part in the firefight and/or he was not killed as part of the firefight but was executed afterwards.

LHS
    Free Member

Interesting wording – could be read that OBL did not take part in the firefight and/or he was not killed as part of the firefight but was executed afterwards.

I imagine he doesn’t have the energy to lift a gun let alone get involved in a fire fight. More than likely they won’t have taken any risk in letting him escape again so excessive force would have been used in order to kill all within that compound.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Much more detailed info with The Guardian on the attack and where he was found.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-obama

Tom83

POIDH!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Excellent. Let’s find more of the bastards and shoot them dead, too.

Well done USA troops.

Usual whining from STW’s conspiracy theorists and fanatic supporters like the stupid “Edukator (sic)”.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well given how ill he was in 2001 and how he died in 2001, this seems pretty miraculous to me. We should be celebrating his resurrection. 🙂

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/US/02/01/gen.bergen.cnna/index.html

This is a man who was clearly not well. I mean, as you see from these pictures here, he’s really, by December he’s looking pretty terrible. But by December, of course, that tape that was aired then, he’s barely moving the left side of his body. So he’s clearly got diabetes. He has low blood pressure. He’s got a wound in his foot. He’s apparently got dialysis … for kidney problems.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

Hairychested
    Free Member

If it’s true – I’m happy. Loads of experts said it would never be announced so there’s a bit of uncertainty left.
    FAIW He should’ve been hung and quartered for the Twin Towers, a bullet in the head was merciful.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

“African-American D.C. man confesses to killing elderly disabled man.” – FOX News

iDave
    Free Member

Kate Middleton has only been in the job 2 days and the world is a happy place already

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well done USA troops.

Hear hear. Their professionalism and bravery is unmatched. A mere 10 years, a handful of Afghan deaths, and an insignificant few £billions/trillions is all that it took. Let that be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can mess with the US.

TooTall
    Free Member

It was the “killing” bit

If a bloke who didn’t want to be captured was holed up with several armed blokes with no fear of death and no desire to be captured, capturing them would be damn near impossible.

Interesting wording

Not really. After a firefight they then went forward to confirm, search for intelligence and evidence then ensure they had the real evidence of his death. Nothing of mystery there.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well of course ernie, if YOU’D have been on the case, looking for one man on the face of the planet hiding away in an unknown location, the scumbag would have been killed years ago.

Of course that’s what it took. Why wouldn’t it?

Good to have someone around with the resources to do it, say I.

twentyniners
    Free Member

bassspine
    Free Member

Seriously worrying, Bin Laden was a weakening figurehead, now he’s a martyr. I expect revenge attacks, rioting and even more tightened airport security.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

buried at sea – nothing suspicious there then

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sky just reported that the corpse was disposed of at sea, preventing some sort of “shrine” being set up at the sight of what was left of the piece of crap.

Clever.

cranberry
    Free Member

Getting rid of the body so that no shrine can be created is pretty sensible.

Of course the tin foil hat brigade love that sort of thing too.

Houns

Seen the picture, he’s been dying his beard/hair. We should have had him years ago when our special forces found him but had to wait for the authority to kill him from the US

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

looking for one man on the face of the planet hiding away in an unknown location

Absolutely, I couldn’t agree more. There’s about 6 billion people in the world, it must be a nightmare looking for just one person. Specially when the crafty fecker is hiding in an “unknown location”……he could have been anywhere, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Helsinki. I bet finding him just over the Afghan border in Pakistan came as a surprise to them.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Dumped in the sea – “That’s one way of how you dispose of your garbage”.

Quote of the day so far.

LMT
    Free Member

Feels like a level complete on Call of duty!! then the big sensationism that the US and the news do, he’s dead so on and so forth!!

I might be missing the point, but yes he masterminded so many terror attacks, well so we are lead to believe from american intelligence, not sure if intelligence is the right word.

Buried at sea? why not just jetison it into space and be done with it.

Who knows what backlash this will be, terror alerts will go up and airport security will be clamped down again.

Kuco

He probably chose not to go down the Saddam Hussein route and not surrender rather than go through a kangaroo court and have his execution put on the internet for the world to watch.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Buried at sea? Call me cynical, but I just dont think that is the style of the US…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Buried at sea?

Apparently, we have to be extra vigilant now for the coming months.

Hmmm…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Bin Laden is dead.’ is closed to new replies.