Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Billy No Mates needs to find a Ride on Sunday, Midlands Area.
  • PePPeR

I’m trying to get fit again and have Sunday free and would love to come out for a ride. I live in Warwickshire, but can travel anywhere within 70-80 miles of here, so Cannock, Woburn, Thames valley are all accessible.

I’m a bit (lot) slow at the moment but would love to get out again…

Anyone got anything going on please?

LMT
    Free Member

Normally a cannock chase ride from MD 9:30 if i remember correctly, worth checking out the Chase Trails forum.

oldgit
    Free Member

Off road I assume Pepper?

PePPeR

Yeah, although I’ve got road bike if Not! Funnily enough you’re the one of the few people I see still posting on here after all these years.

Are you still over Woburn way?

PePPeR

Ok, anyone else out there with any other ideas??

tazzymtb

I’ll be out for an early one on sunday in the land of cannockshire if you want a guided tour of off piste stuff

mboy
    Free Member

Rich, if you’re up for a ride Sunday, would be good to see you. It’s been ages!!!

Where do you fancy riding? If you wanna go with the Wyre Forest boys (I quite fancy giving it a go), then come pick me up on the way! 😉

PePPeR

Thanks Tazzy I would love to come up to Cannock for some off Piste, but I’ll hang off for a couple of months if I may as I’m so unfit!

Mark we’ll do Wyre Forest and yes I’ll pick you up on the way pastish! U still in Worcester??

I’m still on my old mobile number

Wyre Forest rides tend to get arranged on BikeRadar.
    Keep an eye on this thread for future rides.

ken_shields
    Free Member

There’s normally a ride at Woburn setting off about 10 with the Cyclone MTB club.

I’ll probably be there too but I’ll be on a fiddling ride sorting out my new bike settings

http://www.cyclonembc.co.uk/website/

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m heading through on my crosser, from Leighton Buzzard to Millbrook and back. Not been off road since November.

PePPeR

Thanks everyone, but Wyre Forest here we come!

Oldgit, funnily enough I could have coped with that as my “road” bike is actually a Lemond Poprad CX Bike.

GeForceJunky

Man up and go race the first round of the NPS 4X series in Lemmington!

oldgit
    Free Member

Ohh Propad, I think you should give that to me. Did I once ride with you years back around Sundon way and you were on that?

singlespeedstu

Muddy. You might see us at the Duke in the morning.

I wonder if the tandem would fit down some of the Wyre trails? 😉

PePPeR

Did I once ride with you years back around Sundon way and you were on that?

We have ridden together IIRC, but it was off road around Woburn!

oldgit
    Free Member

Cove Hustler?

PePPeR

Man up and go race the first round of the NPS 4X series in Lemmington!

LOL, I really don’t see myself as a 4X type of person these days! I’m afraid having children/responsibilities, getting older, and getting fatter have put paid to ideas like those!

PePPeR

Nah, that sounds more like Martin Robinson, 2unfit2ride, I bought the Poprad off him though!

I’m the BIG lad who rides straight through puddles rather than going round them.

singlespeedstu

Decided not to take the tandem on a group ride with folks we didn’t know in case we accidentaly ran someone over with it. 😯

The fatbike was great fun round there though.

mboy
    Free Member

The fatbike was great fun round there though.

Horse hoof prints certainly posed no problem at least! 😉

Cheers for the ride people, t’was rather agreeable…

Coleman
    Free Member

So Mr PePPer did you venture out for a ride today? All these generous offers, but I imagine non were take up! Why oh why do people request invites then qualify offers with excuses? 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

So Mr PePPer did you venture out for a ride today? All these generous offers, but I imagine non were take up! Why oh why do people request invites then qualify offers with excuses?

Why the concern?
    Why the negative attitude?
    And why does it concern you anyway?

For the record, he’s probably not long been home as he had a bit of a way to travel, but he did pretty well considering he’d not been on a bike in over 6 months!

Coleman
    Free Member

Not concerned in the least.
    Just done a 75 mile ride with some buddies.
    Just consumed a bottle of wine and feeling smug and cynical. 🙂

coleman, is your real name Peter enis ?

Coleman
    Free Member

Probably! But this is the Internet and I don’t care.

singlespeedstu

FWIW Pepper had a huge smile on his face today every time i saw him. 8)

Horse hoof printsClimbs, descents, flat bits, rooty bits, steep bits, techy bit’s, jumpy bits and blokes on ugly Maverics certainly posed no problem at least!

😆

PePPeR

Thanks everyone for a great ride today,

Coleman, if I wasnt going out riding I wouldn’t have asked to tag along, I warned everyone that I would be slow, but if I say I’m going somewhere then I’ll be there. I’ve been riding with people off here for over 10 years, we’ve ridden on rides all over the country and have always been made welcome!

Now please get back under your bridge x

sc-xc

I think we rode together once pepper. Was it you with the camper?

PePPeR

Yup, had an old nail of a VW camper, that was a few years ago now though!

Probably at a FOD weekend 😉

sc-xc

No – Cannock. You were with RiggsyB? and someone else?

I as on a Kobe Ti singlespeed….a few years ago now though.

rOcKeTdOg

Just done a 75 mile ride with some buddies

oooh, can i have a signed photo?

hello pepper i rode with you at a FoD SS ride i think, you were on a Trek Liquid?

PePPeR

It will have probably been K and riggsyB, if you hadn’t guessed riggsyB is now mboy on here 😉

PePPeR

RD yes I did have the Trek Liquid, otherwise known as the gate!

rOcKeTdOg

i think you were sweeper to Psling that day

PePPeR

Sweeper means I can stay at the back and pretend I’m doing something useful 😉

PePPeR

Well it does look like there are more people than I thought still hanging around on here, hello everyone old and new!

psling
    Free Member

[pops head over parapet] Hello Rich! Much reminiscing going on here; FoD, Woburn, Cannock ~ great rides from the earlier days of STW 😀 All seems very relevant what with it being the 10th anniversary of Singletrack and all that. Good times. Plenty of us boring old f@rts still around. And a few newer ones 😆 [/pops back below parapet]

PePPeR

Hi Pete, glad to see there’s more of us old timers around here still!

I can’t believe how many of us still lurk around here reading the threads after all these years!

sofaking
    Free Member

i vote to bring back the old bunkhouse rides 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Billy No Mates needs to find a Ride on Sunday, Midlands Area.’ is closed to new replies.