Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Biking lethargy help!
  • albino
    Free Member

I'm finding that I've got very little "zip" when I've been out biking recently, am I doing something wrong? I try to eat a decent breakfast/keep hydrated before I go out and ride (generally only once or twice a week). I do feel motivated to get out and ride but I just seem to have lost a bit of spark. I'm only doing 2-3 hour rides sometimes less, either on natural trails or at Leee Quarry.
    Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there anythng I can do to overcome this?

ton

ease back, pootle and enjoy for a while.
    it will come back.

luked2
    Free Member

Get a single speed. Change is as good as a rest.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Are you cycling with people? Maybe you're stuck in a rut, and need a change. New Bike!!

teagirl
    Free Member

Yep, do it socially, I cba on my own.

forge197
    Free Member

It happens I am surrounded by great trails but been so busy with other stuff for the last couple months that all I've been able to do is 1 – 2hour rides, where as I would like to do some all dayers, means I am fatter and less fit than I need to be espcially as in just over a month is the Kielder 100, but I am going to go for atmosphere and the banter, if I get to the first or second checkpoint then all the better.

It will come back my last couple "short" rides were excellent and Glentress Black tomorrow will hopefully get me back on track for a good weeks riding ahead.

Do something different or change something on the bike, that can help sometimes or a skills day or a few hours.

Kevevs
    Free Member

eat more. spend the rest of your week totally unfulfilled and bored and just busting to ride yer bike and escape when you can.

albino
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas. It's not so much a case of lost Mojo as I'm really enjoying the riding, (both with mates and on ny own). It's more that I just don't seem to have the energy to get up climbs as easily as I used to or to put in that extra bit of effort. The head's saying, "Yes" but the legs are saying, "Go home and chill out!"

rubberneck
    Free Member

swings and roundabouts with me,
    sometimes I just cant be arsed and loose the passion for months (usually wet winters) but still make the effort to keep my fitness up. then sometimes I'm just 'in the mood' and nail everything, riding on the edge of my abilities, come away from it buzzing and that's it I'm off again.

keep the faith

nbt

I get that sometimes when commuting. I have found that extra food during the day helps – an extra weetabix at breakfast, an extra sandwich at lunch and I feel fine when riding home

big_n_daft
    Free Member

take a week off and see what happens

probably run down/ stressed/ virus

DT78
    Free Member

Time your loops and set yourself goals, faster times = points, so many points = new shiny bits for bike.

The other thing I did was enter a few races, by the 3rd/4th I'd got my riding mojo back

Works for me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

just go home and chill out then! there's no rules y'know. you can NOT ride yer bike! I don't mind a "**** it" period. Mind you, I'm obese.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Chilled is my usual solo riding style – less likely to crash.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Biking lethargy help!’ is closed to new replies.