Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Biking in the south
  • dazzydw
    Free Member

I've got a couple of days free to go do some biking after dropping the young'uns off in Kingston. New Forest is do-able. Anywhere else recommended for a bit of adventure?

cinnamon_girl

Swinley Forest, Chilterns, Hampshire Downs.

Brown
    Free Member

New Forest? Why drive all that way when the Surrey hills are closer and better? Can you get out to Peaslake/Holmbury St Mary/Dorking area? Loads of good singletrack around there that you can find with an OS map and a bit of hunting/tyre track following!

aP
    Free Member

You could ride to the Surrey Hills from Kingston.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    dazzydw
    Free Member

OK – lots of suggestions. If there's no need to go further than Surrey then where's the best place to base for a 2 day sesh? Good B&Bs anyone?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Base yourself in Dorking or nearby, there is a decent hotel at the bottom of Boxhill http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6635-mercure-box-hill-burford-bridge-hotel/index.shtml

There is enough riding round there for weeks. Call into Nirvana cycles in Westcott and they will sort you out a good map of the area.

There are bound to be GPS maps on line too if that's your bag.

easygirl

biking in the south is like this.

—————————————————–

flat 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

Except the four 800 ft + hills around Dorking. I think Leith gets to almost 1000 ft not mountains but plenty of height!!

dazzydw
    Free Member

Flat-ish is fine, just want to find some decent singletrack and trails.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Definetely not flat here. Not mountains, but not flat. When are you around? Keep going past the New Forest, to sunny DAAARRRSET.

xcstu
    Free Member

I live in Kingston and Peaslake or Swinley forest are pretty much the local trails and surprisingly have some hills 😉 Some great singletrack to be had at both!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Biking in the south’ is closed to new replies.