• This topic has 46 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by bamsh.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Biking in Samoens
  • tinytim

Went for test run, without kids

Totally agree with timidwheeler: steep / rooty in places and def more red than blue. Slippy at the mo in parts thanks to yesterday’s rain.

I had great fun but I expect my 7yr old on her Frog won’t enjoy it so much…!

tinytim

(Also, in case anyone decides to try Samoens in future there is a handy free bike wash beneath the gondola…)

alexxx
    Free Member

Couple of videos on my mates insta from the other day at Samoens and the Joux Plane https://www.instagram.com/robert_johnston/?hl=en

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ 🙂

bamsh
    Free Member

Cheers all. In Samoens now. Big thunderstorm the other evening so tracks damm wet. Reds off the gondola slick, rooty and rocky. Lots of fun and no lift queue. Another day of drying and move on to the other tracks plus plans to ride up to col de joux plane on the hardtail with my little one in her dolittle seat then swap for the nomad and ride back down the fun way as described above.

yiman
    Free Member

Had a great few days in Samoens in late July. Yes, it could be thought out better for MTBers in terms of linking up to Morillon, Les Carroz etc but we found more than enough riding in Samoens itself even without the Chariande Express being open.

Bamsh, the bike shop on Rue des Billets do uplifts to top of Joux Plane. You push up the hill a bit on a track to La Bourgeoise then there’s a great descent down the ridge to Samoens.

bamsh
    Free Member

Do you mean Thomas at mountain spirit? I am heading out with him on Wednesday morning.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Biking in Samoens’ is closed to new replies.