Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Biking in Crete
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

Anyone been biking around the East of Crete? Elounda or Ag Nik?

RealMan
    Free Member

I was on holiday there, and rented out a spesh allez and cycled from one end of the island to the other and back again (it really is a tiny place).

I can tell you a few things.

1. Its really hot.
    2. Drivers are meant to be the worst in Europe, but I found them friendly and gave plenty of room. Almost everyone tooted their horn as well. Whether this was to tell me to f*** off or just to say hello, I'm not quite sure.
    3. Its really hot.
    4. The maps I managed to get hold of were pretty useless, try and get a proper thing instead of something you just pick up out of a tourist place or hotel.
    5. Roads were really good quality (although maybe I'm just too used to the ones in England).
    6. Views are brilliant, sometimes you can see the sea on the north and south.
    7. Its really hot.
    8. If you were thinking of MTBing there, I can't tell you much about the trails other then they should be very very dusty and very very rocky.
    9. The weather was brilliant for me, I think I saw one tiny cloud the whole week. Its also really really hot.
    10. Watch out for beehives.
    11. Drink raki. You can buy it in old water bottles from people on the street for silly cheap prices. Puts hairs on your chest. As well as other places.
    12. Its really hot.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Yep been biking in August there before. That was really hot. Just wondering if anyone knew some routes to save me riding into dead ends. Know what you mean about the raki. Made on wednesday drank on thursday.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Biking in Crete’ is closed to new replies.