Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Biking in Chamonix – advice please
  • Inzane
    Free Member

Damn! I wanna go back and ride Chamonix!! It is cold and wet here, and my last ride had plenty of snow on it.

Hmmm bit futher to go from NZ… but the trails there are sooo much fun!!

mugsys_m8

The French are 10 times surlier in l’arve vallee (i.e Chamonix and outlying posts) than generally the rest of France. It’s a known (by the french too) fact.

I love the Mont Blanc Massif, and the Aiguilles Rouges (i.e. the other side) for the climbing and ski touring etc. Not biked there though. But absolutely hate the circus of the valley. Typically the residents are so far up their own backsides it’s laughable. And that is the expats and the natives. I accept that that is a mass generalisation though

Gooner
    Free Member

forgotmename,

we’ll take you up on that
    there are 3 (maybe plus another 2 arriving wednesday night)

is that 10:30 at Brevent (ie the seci=ond lift from chamonix town)

i’ll be on a black heckler with yellow wheels!

twohats
    Free Member

I’ve been having an interesting “discussion” with a chap who’s lived in Chamonix for the last 8 years and reckons that there is no decent riding there 😯 !!!
    What an idiot.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I contacted Tom from Zero G, he very kindly let me know that you can buy his book on chainreaction cheaper than him sending it from France 😀

forgotmename
    Free Member

Gooner, done, yep at the top, second lift, looking forward to it already. Theres probably 4 of us, hopefully including Lazy, if he makes it down from mont blanc!

Shandy
    Free Member

Massive thanks peasnotwar! Plenty to be getting on with there. Mugsys its like any “extreme” place, there are people there to get into the hills and people there who just like the lifestyle and mincing around in bars where they know everyone.

Gooner
    Free Member

link for Tom’s book “Mountain Bike Guide – Chamonix”

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=33195

Nick-Scots
    Free Member

I’ve just ridden the les houches dhill track, just like tuesday I tried the black variants but 2 steep for my single pot brakes. it was giod. I also rode rhs of the 1st ns and then cery tight wswitchbacks, and I beared left, les aillouds, 2 finsish with loose shale stone shoots. I walked probably 100m but it still had plenty of rideable tight and sweet rocky singletrack.

tworide
    Free Member

They have just introduced buses that take bikes up and down the valley as the train gets a bit over subscribed

http://www.chamonet.com/whats_new_article.php?id_whats_new=4995&id_back=1

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Biking in Chamonix – advice please’ is closed to new replies.