Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Biking in Bruges?
  • Swayndo
    Free Member

Off on a long weekend in Bruges with the boys this weekend to celebrate a couple of 50ths. Thing is … I don’t want to spend all day drinking beer, plus I’m looking to keep a level of exercise and fitness going while there.

Does anyone have any experience of reputable hire shops, groups and routes that might be of use to me? I’ve had a look online and most info seems to be tourist cycle tours. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

tonyg2003

No idea about cycle hire shops but I’ve cycled over from Ghent to Bruges a couple of times on the canal towpaths (think wide road next to huge canal) which is a very pleasant place to cycle.

hora
    Free Member

Off on a long weekend in Bruges

Why not relax and enjoy a couple of peoples birthdays?

Its a fantastic place to relax and its not for long. Why be OCD about your fitness? The cycling that you’d do there would be tiny in benefits but a PITA compared to sort.

Just relax. I love Brugges. Kick back and relax.

plumber
    Free Member

There great cycle path out of Brugges to Zeebrugges – just follow the signs out of town.

When I used it there were lots of road groups using it – that was on a sunday though.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Thanks guys, something like that would do. Ride out, bite of lunch, ride back, join the rabble 🙂

I will enjoy the birthdays Hora, but I’ve also moved on from staying up all night drinking then getting up and going straight on the drink again in the morning.

hora
    Free Member

So have I. I went to visit Tyne Cot. Theres a tour bus that takes you the short journey there. I imagine a few of the lads will be up for that and I imagine it’ll be a quiet return journey.

Del

he’s not going on morrisey’s stag do hora ( unless he is )

Swayndo
    Free Member

I could always ride out there, but I suspect my boozy buddies will be entrenched somewhere else.

Rscott
    Free Member

We rode from bruge to ypres along the canal, it wasnt challanging but was a nice thing to do,and educated some of the kids we had with along with us.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Biking in Bruges?’ is closed to new replies.