Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Biking holiday Insurance
  • duncancallum

Any recommendations for a week in the alps?

I would like some one I could speak to as I have “some” pre existing medical conditions that coupled with the alps makes people nervous…

nickdavies

What for? After my travel insurance hit nigh on £400 this year I decided to get a basic policy and look at purely rescue options. Carre Neige for France and snowcare in Switzerland for skiing and I figured there would be something similar for biking. Austrian alpine club insurance seems to cover rescue, emergency medical costs and repatriation for summer activities in the alps. i haven’t looked into it too much but it’s fairly well reviewed, and not expensive.

Depends on how much you need the other end of travel insurance though, if you can wing it without the usual travel insurance for flights, delays, etc. French alps also you have the EHIC card to offset general costs so I’d be happy to go without.

duncancallum

im in slovenia, and I have a issue with my hip so would like some cover, I was looking at Dog Tag insurance

Tracey

Have a chat with Yellow Jersey.

Sandwich

I have used Staysure in the past. Tends to exclude the existing condition getting worse. The loadings get a bit high, my initial £12 quotes always finished up around £50 for short (4 or 5 day) trips with declared kidney and prostate problems.

They are also a bit sharp with extra fees if you add something to the policy after first purchase so make sure you get it all in place in one go.

lowey

Snowcard.

oliverracing

I’ve always found insure and go to be the cheapest for what they cover, but I’ve never added existing ailments. I know my grandparents used last year insure and go and they have lots of existing ailments to add, but don’t know how savy they are about shopping for the best price, or whether they even added the conditions to the policy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Biking holiday Insurance’ is closed to new replies.