Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Biking holiday
  • jumping_flea
    Free Member

Right then,

My missus is doing the c2c walk and I’ve decided to plan a trip aboard for a weeks mountain biking.

I was looking for some recommendations for places to go. I have had a look at Basque MTB, and that seems like a good option as I could get over there with the car on the Bilbo ferry. Has anyone been/can recommend?

Also quite like the look of Serra Nevada, but the Alps are of course always an option.

Any suggestions/experiences would be really helpful

adsb
    Free Member

Could try this as a starter http://www.basquemtb.com

When you planning on going?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The White Room do a fantastic package. Been twice and loved every minute of it.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Been on Basque MTB.com and i know Doug posts on here every now and again.
    We are looking to go end of May, hence the reason for the southern areas as the french alpes might still have a fair bit of snow still.

Will google the white room now

One tempting option (but might not be able to afford) is the Basque MTB skills week with Jedi!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi flea! Sorry to post on my own thread but just to pop a link in, there have been a few people from STW out to visit here and a couple of them posted on some threads…[/url]

The ferry to Bilbao is a nice option, you can either take the car or not and I get you at the ferry terminal. We did that with Big_Dummy last year and he was riding an hour and a bit after the ferry landed!The train is also a good option, I’ve just done it that way and it was really pleasant, even if I did drink a bit too much on the sleeper from London – Inverness and woke with a hangover.

Anyway, sorry for the self recommendation, it was just to get you the information. If you’re interested or want more details then just give me a mail and I’ll try to give you a honest picture of the riding our here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Biking holiday’ is closed to new replies.