Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • biking buddies!
  • southam50
    Free Member

Hey guys, looking for some people to go out biking with none of my friends are into biking so i go on my own most of the time! However i want to start doing some new tracks and would prefer to go with other people just in case also meeting some new like minded people would be cool. So my name is Carl im 28 and live in lancaster, wanting to do more rides in the lakes and south yorkshire dales. I tend to go out at weekends in the morning as thats the best time for me to go. If anyones interested in meeting up or letting me tag along would be muchly appreciated. I have a small van for my bike and gear so i would be able to meet anywhere. Cheers 🙂

jekkyl
    bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

or this…good luck out there southam50 😉

mav12
    Free Member

bogtrotters maybe

southam50
    Free Member

bigblackheinoustoe hahahaha thats too funny!! Listning to the music whilst reading my post brought a tear to my eye. I have no biking friends 🙁

Philby
    mudpackerdan
    Free Member

I ride with a group called the mudpackers. Mixed ability/fitness, usually ride in the south dales and calderdale, very informal ie turn up when you can, no membership fees. http://www.mtbmudpackers.co.uk or search on facey B for the mudpackers.

We ride every saturday at 10am if that’s any good to you.

Riding this saturday at 10 from gouthwaite res car park (I’m not this weekend I’m away but the lads are). Its a good ride round scar house res and beyond. About 20 miles.

mudpackerdan
    Free Member

I’m 27 by the way though we do have a mix of ages. I went to Lancaster Uni so lived there for 3 years, though I didn’t MTB then. Such a waste!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Biking on your own is far better, no waiting for fatties to catch up on the hills, no helping useless tw*ts fix brakes, gears and punctures and no innane talk about the latest bike kit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its probably better than having you suck all the joy out of the experience 😉

DezB
    Free Member
    poolman
    Free Member

I am near Lancaster for the next 2 weeks but only have my Brompton here. Sadly my biking range is c Arnside – Garstang via the canals & Lune estuary paths. You are more than welcome to join me, I am out most mornings. Email in profile.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Bogtrotters are Lancaster based and ride both days every weekend.
    Saturday is easier rides, typically 15-20 miles or so and less technical. These are the best place to start.
    Sunday is usually tougher rides, either more miles, more climbing or more technical (but mostly all three 😈 )
    Always two Wednesday nightrides on too, one Lakes and one further South.
    Take a look at the Bogtrotters rides list on the links above or ask to join the Facebook group if you want to get involved.

peterfile
    Free Member

Bogtrotters are Lancaster based and ride both days every weekend.

Just make sure you don’t fall too far back 😉

dalesjoe
    Free Member

My vote goes to the mudpackers. I’ve been riding with them for a couple of years now since moving up north. Always very friendly & welcoming with a good variety of riding and banter. Dans a top bloke too.

southam50
    Free Member

Cheers for helping me out guys, il have a look at both the bogtrotters and mudpackers to see whats going on.

Klunk
    Free Member

Why not Singletrackworld.com ?

tried many times to organize a ride with locals who post on here, always been declined. You kinda get the feeling that most people on here don’t actually ride bikes.

martinhutch

tried many times to organize a ride with locals who post on here,always been declined. You kinda get the feeling that most people on here don’t actually ride bikes.

I suppose that’s one possible explanation, and if you’re happy with that, all is well. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘biking buddies!’ is closed to new replies.