Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Biking around Poole
  • Parvis
    Free Member

I’ve got a pretty good chance of getting a new job down in Poole, what’s the biking like around there? Purbeck any good, any decent downhill tracks around?

DezB
    Free Member

Purbeck is great. UK Bike Park is in Dorset which has dh tracks (not been there myself). Plenty of riding in Dorset.

mmb
    Free Member

dude, welcome there’s plenty of us down here and plenty of stuff to ride! today i rode 26 miles in the purbucks and it was lovely, there’s also the singletrack at moors valley a 15 min drive, there’s wareham forest too with some good singletrack.
    here’s some pics

lulworth cove 40 miles round trip (ish)

corfe castle 18 miles round trip (ish)

poole harbour

there’s quite a few mtber’s down here so you’ll soon find yourself a crowd of mates to go riding with and you’re always welcome to join me and my mates for a ride.
    here’s todays ride.
    http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lovell
    Free Member

There is also lots of bits for a quick spin: Wareham Forest,Puddletown Forest, Canford Heath, Upton Heath. Local bike shop Ride organise quite a lot of customer rides

rOcKeTdOg

As a frequent visitor I can only echo the above and also add that there are a lot of lovely cake rewards to be earned…..hmm cake

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Wareham Forest routes needed please, for cycling with my GF tomorrow (Tuesday) – can anyone help out?
    I’ve got the Sika cycle trail map, seems a bit too tame even for her.

Parvis
    Free Member

Thanks guys, mmb I might take you up on that offer.

I better get that job now because the guy that sits next to me got sacked yesterday, and I reckon I’m next

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

mmb, i must get ya email/number sometime and come out on the purbecks with you!! Al was meant to give me it other day when i saw him out in Oz!!

Anyway, as said above there are all sorts of places to ride of varying terrain. MMb knows the purbcks area very well!! 🙂

mmb
    Free Member

dude the e-mail is muddymountainbiker@googlemail.com and it’s open for anyone who wants to join us for a ride.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Agreed , there’s lots of nice riding this way. The purbs are good, wareham forest, upton and plenty more.

Dave- not much around the sika trails but from there you could head for the sherford bridge area. You may find something of interest there 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Biking around Poole’ is closed to new replies.