Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Biketreks Ambleside Tuesdays rides
  • nixie

Has anyone done one of these? Presuming since they start in the same place each week that they are more local loops than the Thursday ones. Thinking of join next weeks one whilst on holiday.

tomaso
    Free Member

From what a friend told me, yes local loops but surprisingly plenty of variety

nixie

Cool, that sounds spot on. Not sure trying a solo night ride in an area I don’t know would be a good plan.

Trekster

I’m down there Tues & Wed, will be going out for(slow)early rides

tomaso
    Free Member

Some routes are very legible, even at night. And some are only really truly viable at night, like Loughrigg Terrace as it’s peppered with walkers!

nixie

Loughrigg Terrace was one I was thinking of attempting solo, or on the other side a loop around Wansfell -> Troutbeck -> Jenkins Crag

Trekster

Ill be doing a version of this as Im staying somewhere in the centre;
    http://www.bike-treks.co.uk/content/route-guide-001-iron-keld-and-loughrigg-terrace.aspx

+ This one but cutting over to Hawshead, then Ironkeld back to base.
    http://www.bike-treks.co.uk/routes/lakesdayout.pdf

nixie

Yeap had seen those. Was thinking the first as an evening ride, but then had second thoughts about the distance.

I think my long one (all day) is going to be up the struggle* and down to Hartsop, up onto Highstreet via Hayeswater, along High street to the Cockpit, back via Ulswater bridle way, back up to high street and down the long run to Troutbeck.

* though I will probably try and cheat and get a lift up this.

Trekster

Up the struggle is not something I would ever consider attempting 😉
    Did the Ulswater track(out & back)a couple of weeks ago in the p!ing rain, tough ride….
    I’ve only got mornings free and know most of those trails linked to and a few more so will be making it up as I go

nixie

I’ve only driven it once, your right though I’m not sure its the best start to a day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Biketreks Ambleside Tuesdays rides’ is closed to new replies.