Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Biketart – are they really this rubbish ?
  • dougieb
    Free Member

What are your experiences with Biketart when it comes to delivery? Are they one of these outfits where the website claims items are in stock when they aren’t ?

I placed an order 7 days ago for an in-stock item. One week later (today) I’ve received an email stating that there has been a ‘discrepancy’ at the warehouse (really) and the item will be back in stock on …. (no date provided). Why am I being told this one week later and not when my order was processed (I’m assuming they haven’t waited a week to process my order !!).

I typically, won’t give my custom to any outfit where the stock count on the site isn’t live – even if they are cheaper.

So what’s the forums experiences been with Biketart? Have I just been unlucky or are they really as crappy as I think?

russyh
    Free Member

I found them ok in the limited times I used them?

Have you asked them directly?

dougieb
    Free Member

I haven’t called but have emailed the support@biketart.com email address that they suggested you use if you have any questions. No response though (1 day)

Rubber_Buccaneer

My experience was buying from their ebay store was good with fast delivery but buying from their website was hopeless ending with me asking to cancel the order. A 10% sorry for the inconvenience voucher didn’t tempt me to try again

mulv1976
    Free Member

Always had good service from them

Phil_H

They were fine when I ordered hope spares from them.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ordered lots of times off them, no problems.

teethgrinder

Ordered some parts on Friday afternoon, got the email yesterday saying they were dispatched. Could have got LBS to order them next day probably, but whether I’d have the time to pick them up is another matter.

Luckily I have a BFe as a rolling spares shelf.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Sounds like Tredz

batman11
    Free Member

Same as above used them about 6 times in the last few years and always been spot on item with me within a few days. So hopefully it was just a bit of bad luck.

theraggyone
    Free Member

ordered my new shoes friday they arrived monday, always had quick delivery from them

deanfbm
    Free Member

Ordered a pair of “in-stock” wheels and paid priority delivery.

Took a week to arrive. Different story every time I rung ranging from “that’s odd, i’ll chase the courier” to “they should be with you today”.

Wasn’t until I directly asked whether they had to order in they admitted they should have communicated a delay due to not having stock.

Got postage refunded and a small discount.

Just wish they told me a realistic leadtime in the first place rather than telling stories so I would wait in a bit longer just in case.

LittleNose
    Free Member

no issues here – whenever I’ve used them, the stuff’s arrived within a couple of days.

deadkenny
    Free Member

They’re usually okay, but they’re the same as a lot where “in-stock” can refer to what the distributor warehouse stock level is telling them. They are promising shipping dates based on how quick they can get it from them and out the door. I’ve had it before a few times where various places were in-stock (Biketart may have been one of them, not sure) and tried each one, all turned out to actually not be in stock. Distributor didn’t have the stuff basically and their stock level was telling fibs.

The only ones that used to be accurate were Wiggle and CRC, but since the merger and integrating their warehouses and stock system, that’s all gone tits up.

Though Amazon is increasingly stocking bike stuff and their stock system is usually spot on, plus they offer Prime on some stuff. Actually next day, if not even same day delivery!

Robz
    Free Member

I find them to be a bit hit and miss. Have used them a couple of times recently. One order arrived in a couple of days, the other ended up in me cancelling it due to delay of “in stock” item followed buy poor cons and “stock discrepancies” excuse.

srshaw
    Free Member

Delivered a spare Garmin charger quickly enough for me that was ordered on eBay, so no real complaints.

butcher

Bought a bike there… they were good. Fast delivery. Brake rotor was warped. Emailed them with evidence. They sent another out straight away.

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Weird, they’re just about my favourite online store. Used them numerous times, returned stuff, all dealt with really efficiently and with quick delivery.

dougieb
    Free Member

So, I thought it only fair to Biketart that I update this thread. Not long after starting the thread, I requested that my order be cancelled as I hadn’t had a response. Not long after, I got a reply saying they were sorry for the cock up and had sent the order out next day delivery (sub £10) and refunded me in full.

PJM1974
    Free Member

They’re my LBS and I find them pretty good.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Biketart – are they really this rubbish ?’ is closed to new replies.