Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bikes with panniers on, lets see them…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

…and some recommendations please.

Tiger6791

Not what your after I assume

samuri
    Free Member

Deuter Uni panniers. Topeak super tourist rack.

Highly recommended. Very light when empty, they're not waterproof but you can buy bin bags anywhere, stiff back and there's a strap that allows you to connect two bags together so you can carry them over your shoulder when off the bike.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Ortlieb classic roller bags and Old Man Mountain Rack (cold springs i think)

tiger_roach
    Free Member

From my week's touring in France last year; got a Kaffenback to build up now.

downgrade
    Free Member

Recommendations:
    – Don't start with a P7 😀
    – Axiom disc rack seems ok, thought it was heavy but nothing to compare to
    – Cheap ebay bags (brand-X) also not too bad, obviously not as big as some others posted above
    – Topeak bag on top gets full marks

slugwash
    Free Member

Hang on I'll dig my holiday snaps out…..

Anna-B
    Free Member

Pannier….always makes me think of Indian cheese.

Here's mine with a £20 Halfords pannier for the SDW earlier in the year. Made me nervous, 100 miles of thinking it was going to fall off onto my front tyre and make me go over the bars.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The tandem all laden up with cheapo panniers

Going for another tour this year and will be investing in caradice panniers. Cheapoer than ortleibs but still wewll made and waterproof but with pockets that the ortleibs don't have. Rar panniers are bigger as well

Tubus racks are the business. Expensive but great quality –

Waderider
    Free Member

1991 Clockwork doing touring in it's retirement (still going)

1999 Gringo in the 'gorms

Kaffenback as a tourer struggling on the SUW

Kaffenback as a crosser struggling on Ardnamurchan

Unfortunately no photos of my new Orange R8 that has already been subjected to pannier uncoolness (some say).

qwerty
    Free Member

i'll see your panniers and raise you a lot of weight…

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

No photos, but I use a madison stainess steel pannier rack (got half price for around 35 quid) on the 'dale cross bike and it's fantastic – will last forever. yes it ruins the coolness, but being able to just gear up an go is so appealing.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Old Man Mountain "Sherpa" for me.

Needed to put panniers on an original Ti-Inbred, running 700c wheels, discs and no rack mounts!

Job done : )

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Do 700c wheels work ok o an inred then.?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

More pics

Proper panniers ! 😆

b1galus
    Free Member

/Users/alanyoung/Pictures/15545_170680239573_591284573_2609558_2232138_n.jpg

Edric64
    Free Member

Buy a Tw bent bobyak copy it's cheaper than a load of panniers and chuck everything in that http://www.twbents.com.tw/

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Do 700c wheels work ok on an inred then?

They sure do – and they make commuting fast fast fast.

I made the transition from 26" MTB > 26" slick > 700c Road wheels/tyres after my commuting distances increased.

I use Hope XC/Mavic OpenPro with either Conti GatorSkins (700cx23) or Schwalbe Marathon (700cx28) and there is loads of clearance.

No idea about sticking 700c MTB tyres on and running as a "29er" though, but I'm sure the forums here/online have lots of info on that.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I'm liking those TW-Bent Bobcat copies!!

: )

Reluctant
    Free Member

Minger

There's my old minger with an Altura Urban 20. It's a great bag, carries plenty, tough as old boots and easy to put on and off.
    Racks that work and don't break; Blackburn, Topeak and Tourtec – all good.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

mine's a topeak super tourist dx or something – the one with the sprung loaded trap on the top. it's well heavy and pretty over the top feature-wise i think. tough though. bags are edinburgh bike coop own brand – waterproof, but not massive. i got them for £48 in a sale and i'm most pleased! racktop bag is a dry bag from lidl or aldi and is spot-on too.

pault41
    Free Member

Karrimor used to do good panniers,still got a set must be 20 years old now, got heavy use years ago camping, always wrapped stuff in poly bags my mate got from cheese factory where he worked , green in colour but super strong,like their rucksacks etc plus huge capacity ,pockets always useful too ,larger better, fuel ,stove in pockets easy access for brew up then ,essential.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bikes with panniers on, lets see them…’ is closed to new replies.