Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bikes stolen, Herts – please keep 'em peeled
  • chakaping
    Free Member

My garage in Cheshunt, Herts, was broken into last night and four MTBs taken.

Please keep an eye out for any of the following, and drop me a line if you see or hear anything…

Mondraker Dune R (now with Marz 55 RC3 and Reverb) Medium

Trek Session 88 (only difference is white e13 turbocharger bash) Medium

Carbon 456 (no decals) 16″ (now with reverb and torn WTB saddle)

And also a 2005 Giant XTC4 in XS, beige with a white Fox F80 fork – which I don’t have pics of

binners

Bloody hell mate, thats shite news. Low-life scumbags! Someone got a nice haul there. Sounds a bit more than opportunist scrotes

sfxer
    Free Member

Gutted, good luck finding them mate. All the best.

chakaping
    Free Member

They moved a perfectly nice (and quite valuable) road bike to get to the MTBs, so they knew they wanted.

zerocool

I’ll keep my eyes peeled when I’m about. You don’t suppose it was some Waltham Cross scrotes who saw you unloading them one day? I would have thought Pros would have taken the expensive road bike as well, whereas opportunists might only want the mtbs as they’re cooler and look flash?

enfht
    Free Member

Gutted for you mate. I’m in Hertford so will keep ’em peeled.

Drop Jedi a line, he’s local and has previous experience tracking down nicked bikes in the area.

Keep us posted.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Drop Jedi a line, he’s local and has previous experience tracking down nicked bikes in the area.

You’re not wrong!!!

I was going to suggest exactly the same thing.

Aidy
    Free Member

Ouch – always thought the area was pretty reasonable as far as lack-of-bike-theft went.

atlaz
    Free Member

Shit… sorry to hear that. At least there aren’t THAT many silver Dunes around. In fact yours is the only (silver) one I’ve seen in the wild.

woody2000

Jedi the bike tracker to the thread please!!!

B*stards, hope they get found OP 🙂

Karinofnine

Oh no, that sucks. I’m local to you, will keep an eye out.

jedi

ok, i’ll spread word. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Yes aidy me too, better put your steeds on lockdown!

Aidy
    Free Member

Yeah, extra locks and alarms will be being deployed shortly.

jedi

i tweeted it to herts fm and mercury so far 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers, I told them to mark it down for publicity when they logged it.

Have reported so many break-in back in my newspaper days, it’s funny being on the other side.

Scenes of crime bloke is here now, thinks he’s found some fingerprints.

🙂

senorj

Sorry to hear that.
    Bastids

nols
    Free Member

Am in Hertford town, will keep a look out mate.
    On another note, people need to start taking pics and making a note of all serial numbers on forks, wheels etc. Get as much information about your bikes as possible. These w*nkers are stripping the bikes and selling the kit off. If you have a note of the serial numbers you might help get conviction even if you dont get your bike back.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers. Yeah I must admit that crossed my mind, after the event unfortunately.

Probably would give more chance of convicting the fences who are driving these sort of thefts.

Karinofnine

How horrible to think someone is watching you, or that it could be a neighbour/neighbour’s visitor or – worse – someone who knows you.

I suppose we should all be careful when buying second-hand parts, but if it’s over the phone/online, how to tell if the seller is legit?

zoota

keep your eyes out on the usual sites for the parts & forks as thieves know selling a whole bike can be a bit to risky.
    Where excatly in herts did the go from?
    best of luck getting them back.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen, Herts – please keep 'em peeled’ is closed to new replies.