Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bikes stolen from BS7 Bristol – again…. total of 6 in 2 years….
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Just got back to find my front door broken down this time and 2 bikes stolen. 3rd burglary in 2 years, even the police are starting to suspect a pattern now. Thieves left 2 laptops visible through the front window and went straight to the room with the bikes in. Seems like they werent deterred by the daylight, deadlock and alarm, neighbours on both sides obviously in and a solid door.

Happened at about 6pm today whilst we were enjoying the Wye Valley’s finest trails.

So, if you see them, let me or the police know!

2008 Silver Spesh Rockhopper – small frame no modifications

Prince Albert in orange, silver Revelations, Hope Hoops / DT Swiss, XT group set, Mono Mini Brakes. 2nd PA I’ve had stolen.

boxfish
    Free Member

Eyes peeled here. I’m also in BS7. I feel your pain. My bike went in a burglary last November.

Pigface
    Free Member

**** me isnt that agravated burglary, that is jail time isn’t it. Good luck with getting them back.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

At least the CSI guys seemed to acknowledge that there’s some sort of organised pattern going on this time and admitted this wasnt “opportunistic”.

To be honest, the bikes can be replaced on insurance (though renewal is going to be interesting next year…) but now I’ll be waiting for the 4th time, and 5th after that. There’s pretty much nothing you can do

boxfish
    Free Member

Did the CSI get anything? No prints from our place but a possible DNA sample.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Move far away from bristhole..
    Getting robbed sucks.

allthepies
    Free Member

Presumably you’re on some local scumbags repeat “to do list”.

What to do about it, well they’ll be back. Short of move house I can’t offer much advice, only sympathy.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yep, moving and staying under the scumbags’ radar is the only options to stop it happening again. Too easy to get followed home from work on the bike or from a ride somewhere and get tagged

allthepies
    Free Member

Too easy to get followed home from work on the bike or from a ride somewhere

Well that part’s fairly avoidable. But once you’re on the list then game over.

bedraggled
    Free Member

Have you got a Local Community Police Officer, if so, they will know who the local bike thieves are. Need to get in direct touch with them asap and give them your bike details (provide the photo). Don’t assume your theft report is going to do much more than sit in a pile of paperwork (mine got lost). The local officer sees these guys with expensive bikes, knows they are stolen, but probably isn’t even aware of your loss, by the time he is the bikes will have gone. To know that you were out it sounds like yours are very local.

giant_scum
    Free Member

I know this doesn’t help in anyway,but a story I heard back in the early nineties was that every bike stolen from outside the court building in Bristol ended up in North Berwick! Hope you get your bikes back.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thanks bedraggled, I’ll do that.

allthepies – uh, no it isnt easily avoidable. Thanks anyway…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bad luck 🙁

rickon
    Free Member

Get yourself a camera installed, hook it up to a PC with offline storage, streaming a backup for about 5 days worth of footage. The only way to deal with this is to identify the scum.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Further to rickon’s post Maplin do a system like that for about 200 ,I think, that you can view remotely VIA your smartphone.

rp16v
    Free Member

mate that really sucks all eyes open in bs14 also keep an eye out on all these new facebook selling pages were they locked up?

unfortunatley might be worth looking at lower spec bikes so they dont stand out as much. also stick it on the stolen bikes bristol site

lewislippiatt
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes open, though I don’t suppose you’re expecting to get them back 🙁

akak
    Free Member

Self storage would be an option at about £2 a day? I don’t say its ideal but it is cheaper than moving.

allthepies
    Free Member

allthepies – uh, no it isnt easily avoidable

If I’m on the bike and I pull into the road I live on with a car behind me then I’ll stop, let it pass and make sure it doesn’t just park up somewhere. I wouldn’t just ride straight to my house. My road is on a small housing estate with one entry/exit though, not a main thoroughfare so it’s easy to do. I guess if you live directly on a main road then not so easy.

patriotpro
    Free Member

cctv?

Big dog?

Moses

I feel your pain.
    3 times in 2 years? Someone needs their kneecaps removed.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

This is getting out of hand! You weren’t followed home from AC/LW? I ride a PA too so i’ll definitely keep em peeled.
    Also send mr agreeable a message here
    http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen from BS7 Bristol – again…. total of 6 in 2 years….’ is closed to new replies.