Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bikes on and in cars.
  • project
    Free Member

So whenever you go somewhere,why do a lot of people always have to drive there,even if its only 10 miles away,not very eco freindly, or good for the environment.

Perhaps use public transport or ride, its better for the environment, and good to see more bike on the road.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Time. Lack thereof.

Driller
    Free Member

Like it or not, some people just don't care about, or believe in the things you do.

We're all different. Do your own thing.

theboatman
    Free Member

Is this a dull version of Top Tips?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If I did'nt drive to the mountain then the mountain would not come to me. Just to get from one end of my town to the other requires two buses. This is a four mile trip.! To get to cannock chase would take a logistics team. As for going to wales not a chance. If I did not use the car then I would have to buy a road bike and forget about the rough stuff.

uplink
    Free Member

So whenever you go somewhere,why do a lot of people always have to drive there,even if its only 10 miles away

How do you know they're only going 10 miles?

Even then, I'm not sure I could manage another 20 miles on top of a typical MTB ride, I'd have to reduce the fun bit to accommodate a boring ride there & back – no thanks

kevonakona
    Free Member

my bike might get dirty.

Bregante

not very eco freindly, or good for the environment.

are these two different things?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sometimes I take my car out *just* to go for a drive.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Project – I'm sorry but you just do not care enough for the environment, you should walk the 10 miles to the hills, and then get on on your eco sustainable wooden bike, ride for 10 miles, repair the damage you did to the land, and then walk home again.

Oh ps dont take a shower when you get home… it uses so much water and energy!

Macavity
    Free Member

Did someone mention bike in car?
    http://www.fullthrottlemcsac.com/gpage2.html

Why is driving 10 miles to go mountain biking any less "eco-friendly" than driving 10 miles to go kayaking, rock climbing, hang gliding, shopping, or taking the kids to school ?

kevonakona
    Free Member

Ironically i ride 10 miles to go for a drive then ride back.

Pook

The drive out to the Peaks is one of the pleasures of the day….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Won't somebody think of the polar bears!

OK, I'm thinking of polar bears. What now ?

donsimon
    Free Member

Macavity – Member

Did someone mention bike in car?
    http://www.fullthrottlemcsac.com/gpage2.html

Wow!

project
    Free Member

MilitantGraham – Member
    Why is driving 10 miles to go mountain biking any less "eco-friendly" than driving 10 miles to go kayaking, rock climbing, hang gliding, shopping, or taking the kids to school ?

Posted 3 hours ago # Report-Post

To do any of the things you mention, you would need some form of transport, eg a bike, and as for taking the kids to school, why cant they walkor cycle, or even join up with a lot of other kids and go by bus,thus reducing the school run ,and the parking mayhem that occurs.

Most hobbies or sports take place at some distance from the participants house.
    Unless you are going to leave your hang glider or kayak at the place where you use it, you are going to need a car to transport it.
    I guess it depends on whether you see cycling as a hobby that you go somewhere else to do, or a means of transport that you do straight out of your front door.

ourmaninthenorth

I guess it depends on whether you see cycling as a hobby that you go somewhere else to do, or a means of transport that you do straight out of your front door.

There's a third alternative: riding from your front door to do your hobby somewhere else.

If I go MTBing in the Peaks, I usually just ride out. It's only 15 miles from home, so perfectly doable in an hour on an MTB.

whytetrash

I can do 2/3 hr loops from the house…not everybody else can! but got no issues with driving to CYB, NYA Marin or Penmachno…variety is great…can't be arsed with all that pious shite…get 2 bikes in the car and 50mpg plus..so not personally too worried!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Time. Lack thereof.

Usually this.

But sometimes because I'm not going 10 miles to ride, I'm going 20+ and want to be able to enjoy the ride, not be worn out first.

Next question.

binners

I regularly get the train out to random destinations, go for a ride then get the train back.

I'm just…. like…. SOOOOOOOOO much of a better human being as a result, man

Do I get to be God now?

DezB
    Free Member

The nearest train station to me is 5.1 miles away (I just checked) in the opposite direction to any trails.
    Bus? What's that? Oh yeah, those great big things that charge about £10 to go 5 miles!

When I lived nearer the trails I often rode there and back home again, but there's nothing really near enough these days.

My usual lift is in an eco-friendly sunflower oil powered Citreon anyway, so I don't feel too bad about it 🙂

smell_it
    Free Member

Whilst I don't have a car I like to stuff a burning car tyre into an old fridge to celebrate the start to my rides from home.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

I thought I was the only one that did that!!

And I've got a car too 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bikes on and in cars.’ is closed to new replies.