Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bikes on a plane
  • tonyd

Morning all,

Do you think it's necessary to let some pressure out of shock/fork when taking a bike on a plane? Obviously deflate the tyres but am I risking blowing seals by not letting air out of shock/fork?

Cheers!

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

I normally ditch the air from my shocks for transport, but coming back from NZ this year I forgot, and it was fine.

FuzzyWuzzy

Holds are pressurised so there's really no reason to take air out of shocks/tyres but a lot of people still do, I guess "just in case" (although if the hold depressurises in flight they'll have more to worry about than a blown shock).

Tiger6791

is this the sequel with Samuel L Jackson?

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

I assumed that holds were pressurised, but I did get asked by ground staff last year if I had let my tyres down.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Someone has said on here the difference in around 10psi IIRC.

tracknicko
    Free Member

all BS mate. you can leave everything pumped up. in the event of the pressure change being so great that your forks etc blow up then so would every single deoderant, etc. etc. in the hold and that would be much worse…

think you'll be fine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Someone once asked if the pilot lets his tyres down.

Travis

I read the title, and thought, just take them into the toilet… 1 mile club badge and all that

tonyd

Cheers all for the replies. Shock/fork to remain unfettered.

Travis – pretty tight squeeze in those airplane toilets, I take it you ride a unicycle?!

ruminant
    Free Member

Tiger, I can just see Samuel L swearing his head off at a singlespeed

'WHAT THE MOTHERF%CKING HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO O WITH THAT' (best samuel l voice required)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bikes on a plane’ is closed to new replies.