Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Bikes inside the house show me yours
  • juan
    Free Member

Basically garage has to go so we will have to put 4 bikes in our ‘erm’ bedroom. It’s a big bedroom (18m²) but still once you’ve putt the bed, the wardrobes and the desk not much space left.

So looking for inspiration. Cheers

andylc
    Free Member

Clug

bearnecessities

Bikes belong in the house (surprisingly I’m single now)

10 points for anyone that can spot when I became a home owner.

dknwhy

Ditch the other half, get a single bed, problem solved. Do it now to save on Xmas presents.

Daffy

It’s surprising what you can get in a cupboard if you really try.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

bearnecessities; that TT bike looks awesome!

Here’s some of mine

BMX in a bathroom

And a couple bikes in the living room

sweepy
    Free Member

Where d’you get the dingo?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Water Yeat I think

Junkyard
    Free Member

my understairs cupboard firs 6 bikes with only one wheel off one bike

Agree with daffy a cupboard will work well

lw246
    Free Member

Just moved into a flat and this is my solution.
    Wheels are in wheel bags out of the way

onehundredthidiot

I’ve a sizeable garage with bikes in it. Still room for two cars but why take up the spaces.

There’s still a bike in the house.

loddrik
    Free Member

2 in the dining room

1 in the loft

mildbore

Got a bike room downstairs and a couple more in the attic since the kids left home. Oh and wife who ‘gets it’ about bikes. Being a diginumpty I haven’t yet worked out how to post a photo on here. If anyone is interested enough to explain, please enlighten an old fart and you may get pics

Klunk
    Free Member

cokie

When I lived in a flat I had this setup

I hope I never have to do that again! It was such a pain washing it outside and dragging it up the stair. So much easier with a house and a garden.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

No garage available, wouldn’t trust a shed, so they live in the hall. Road and mountain bike one wheel off, commuter always ready to roll.

Edit: Trying again to get pic to show.

Reedit: Nope, I give up.

They’re bikes stored indoors. You’ll have to use your imagination. Or scroll back up and look at those earlier photos again.

gonzy
    Free Member

don’t trust my shed anymore and there’s no space left in it anyway…so the commuter bike lives in the kitchen and the full sus lives in my sons bedroom

zbonty

We live in a small terraced house with stairs between the two downstairs rooms. I’m yet to measure up but considering if there’s enough room in the dead space above the stair case to hang a bike- hook the front wheel and winch it up!

gonzy
    Free Member

this is how the one in the bedroom is stored…

its a different bike that’s there now and to stop it form getting knocked into the front wheel gets removed and the fork axle is used to secure the bike to the hook

Junkyard
    Free Member

The thing that gets me is the need to clean your bikes in order to do this

gonzy
    Free Member

i have to clean the bike before i can get it into the car so its dry by the time i get home

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y413/paulwatterson/imagejpg1_zps598a8ef4.jpg” border=”0″ alt=” photo imagejpg1_zps598a8ef4.jpg”/>

Custom made wardrobes is the way forward

zilog6128

No pics, but I have 4 bikes plus all my kit on the wall of my spare room (which is WAY smaller than OP’s bedroom). One whole wall is covered with StorageMaker panels like this:

as a plus (or minus, depending on your mindset) it makes your room look like a bike shop. 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

nope, the only clean is the occasional brush down in the garden when the mud has dried.

BoardinBob

Bike stand fixed to wall and bikes held nicely in place in a spare bedroom

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ANvqh4]20151127_194740[/url] by boardinbob, on Flickr

benp1

Those bikes are all unbelievably clean. They look barely used!

BoardinBob

They look barely used

They look well looked after 😉

Sandwich

There you go, TG

(Use the code in the IMG box)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

dirty and indoors, this was the spare room in the last house, there was a road bike in there with it as well,

this house, under the stairs and one in the kitchen,

dread moving back to the old house if we do as we’ve got more kids now and there was no room downstairs to store them, kids will have to share i guess 😆

wwaswas

You need quite a large dining room but it beats a turbo trainer…

bearnecessities

TG, that’s awesome.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Here’s 9 and a half of my 10.5 bikes in the ‘lounge’ of my flat. (The last one lives outside). It’s amazing what you can do with a bit of judicious tessalation. Lounge is almost still useable too!

AdeC
    Free Member

bearnecessities

^ Quality retro loveliness 😀

Wozza
    Free Member

It fits really quite well in our disabled shower.

D0NK

Manage to squeeze 4 in the cupboard under the stairs, 3 mtbs with F wheels off and handlebars turned, hooks on the walls for the wheels, then a CX bike stood up on back wheel.
    (This is a big cupboard that has a full size door on it, I know most under stairs storage are a lot smaller)

munrobiker
    Free Member

A mate of mine has a loft bed like this in his spare bedroom-

He has something like 8 bikes under it and if I ever move into a flat again I’ll do that.

montgomery
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BSKtg9]P1000909[/url] by tracksterman, on Flickr
    Muddy ride yesterday. Not sure why the girlfriend objects, but she likes that bunkbed set-up above – she’s already designing the shabby chic curtain she can hang round it to hide my filth.

dustytrails

How the **** do you get away with bringing a bike in that state in to the house??!!

D0NK

FFS he’s put cardboard down, what more do you want?

I’m more concerned about the stem/seatpost, I hope the frame is an xxl and montgomery is about 7 feet tall, rather than 5’2″ running a chuckable frame 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Bikes inside the house show me yours’ is closed to new replies.