Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bikes in tents?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

I know I shouldn’t but I want to. Anyone store their bike in a tent while touring? What do you use. I’m after a sub 2.5kg if poss seen some tarps that may work

Spin
    Free Member

Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT or similar.

Although why you’d want to is a mystery to me.

scotroutes
    firestarter
    Free Member

Because I have a 4k bike and trust issues born out of my Leeds upbringing 😉

Scotroutes not sure what the link is for??

jimdubleyou

Say it out loud. Like Richard III was found in Millet’s car park, what with their winter of discount tents.

Can’t you just lock it up?

farm-boy

I always tie one of the guy ropes to the bike. If the bike moves so does the tent and you wake up pretty quickly. And take a lock.

Touring rarely takes you to campsites that are a high crime risk. My main worry is that if my bike got stolen how would I continue my holiday?

cookeaa

Scotroutes not sure what the link is for??

Come on, even I got that one….

Intense bikes… In tents…[/I]
    Geddit?

steveirwin
    Free Member

Scottish humour

montgomery
    Free Member

Sub-2kg tent and inner; bike left while I went for a walk, but with care you can pull it in behind you (did once on that trip on a pikey Ayrshire site). Generally, though, I take off the front wheel, stick the front end of the bike under the edge of the flysheet and cable lock it to stuff, with the wheel balanced on top.

firestarter
    Free Member

Sorry Scotroutes it was late 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

Right woke up now 😉

Cheers monty and ghost

My plans would take me to two dodgy campsites on a trip to my grandfathers house. And my thinking was I need a new tent anyway and my current one weighs 1.5kg and my d lock weighs 1.5k so if I buy a bigger more useful sub 2.5kg tent and a lighter lock it will be the same weight. But I’ll have more useful space and a better nights sleep. Plus on sites your not always sure to get a spot within reach of a locking point that works for your lock

TheBrick
    Free Member

If its for while you’re sleeping hve you considered a little alarm?

DaveRambo

I stored mine in the porch of the tent (Robens Voyager 3EX).
    Take the front wheel off and it fits no problem.

I think it’s a good idea – out of sight and all that

avdave2

My plans would take me to two dodgy campsites on a trip to my grandfathers house

Sounds like a great opening line for a novel or a voice over at the beginning of a movie – wide shot, desert, blacktop stretching in a straight line to the horizon, heat haze and no sound but the chirping of cicadas. We know it’s going to be tough but we pull out to see our hero equipped with his steel and Rohloffed steed and we just know he’ll get through,battered but undaunted and a better man for it, he will get to his grandad.

donald
    Free Member

Oh OK I’ll post it…

Poopscoop

avdave2 – Member
    My plans would take me to two dodgy campsites on a trip to my grandfathers house
    Sounds like a great opening line for a novel or a voice over at the beginning of a movie – wide shot, desert, blacktop stretching in a straight line to the horizon, heat haze and no sound but the chirping of cicadas. We know it’s going to be tough but we pull out to see our hero equipped with his steel and Rohloffed steed and we just know he’ll get through,battered but undaunted and a better man for it, he will get to his grandad.

Oh wow, that comment just made my day! Had a good chuckle! 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

You must have a pretty 5hite day planned poop 😉

daleftw
    Free Member

Have a look at the Luxe Mini Peak/Hex Peak etc. You can get a bike in them too.

I’ve got a photo somewhere, hang on.

Poopscoop

firestarter – Member
    You must have a pretty 5hite day planned poop 🙂

To early to tell but I think it’s because I read the voiceover comment in a kind of Lord Of The Rings type way!

Look,I haven’t been to bed yet! 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

🙂

daleftw
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers out of sight out of mind 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

You asked this before!!
    Go Outdoors – take the bike and play 😆

kcal

you’ve a new bike @donald ? 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

I did ask similar hammy and I did go to go outdoors but the display range didn’t have any suitable they were Way too small or huge and heavy so I thought I’d see what else may be around 😉

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Daleftw, what tent is that and how much does it weigh? cheers 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Fairy Muff 😆

daleftw
    Free Member

It’s a Mini Peak II

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bikes in tents?’ is closed to new replies.