• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Parr.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Bikes for Enduro Racing, ideas please!
  • jamesharris
    Free Member

Going to give some enduro events a bash next year (661 Series and maybe even the Trans Provence!) so would be keen to hear from other enduro riders to see what they ride. Photos preferably please.

That’s all, cheers in advance.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Transition Covert. Only thing I’m changing is away from a dual ring up front.

cheshmatt
    Free Member

I’ve just built up a Covert too. Not specifically for Enduro, but planning to do some more of the DH orientated enduro races next year, I think it will be sound for them. Its my one do-it-all bike, only had it a week but love it so far:

ash

Orange Five, Cannondale Jekyll, Specialized Enduro, Lapierre Spicy, Nukeproof Mega, Trek Slash

Northwind

Aye, something like that… Hemlock does a good job of it, but then so would most of the 5 and 6 inch bouncer market. Slack, bouncy, but pedally too.

atlaz
    Free Member

Mondraker Dune

ash

Mondraker Foxy

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Mach 5.7, Zesty 714 Spicy

arrpee
    Free Member

There’s an article in this month’s Dirt you might want to have a look at, in which Steve Jones writes about his bike, component and kit choices for this year’s Trans-Provence (he finished in the top 10).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the lightest strongest 130-150mm bike you can build!

The better you are the lighter you can go

messiah
    Free Member

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I’ll let you know what I think of my Slash when it turns up next month.

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve got a copy of DIRT from earlier this year where they profiled some of the enduro racers bikes; it makes interesting reading and worth tracking down a copy. Keeping the weight down seems to be very important, when I did the Macavalanche earlier this year I was amazed at how light the top enduro boys had got their bikes with many taking it to an almost XC level of weight-weenieness.

Paceman
    Free Member

Yeti 575

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m planning on doing a couple of gravity Enduro’s next year and I will use the bike I use for most things and that is my old faithful Spech Enduro. I am also planning to use this for a couple of full on DH races too. Not raced before and I don’t think the bike will be the limiting factor.

P1000889 by i_ache, on Flickr

RHSno2
    Free Member

Enduro is last year. Xc is where its at now 😉

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Enduro XC, you mean.

Parr
    Free Member

Wait for the explosion in events with Gravity Enduro format over next couple of years 😉
    To answer the question, any of the latest crop of 150mm travel trail bikes + droppy downy seat post, try to keep weight as close to 30lbs as poss, you’ve got to lug the thing uphill as well, you won’t be far off then.
    At round 2 we had scales in the finish arena, there was some comedy moments when riders saw the screen, lightest was 25.8lbs, heaviest was 38lbs
    Dates for 2012 are now up on http://www.ukgravityenduro.co.uk

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Bikes for Enduro Racing, ideas please!’ is closed to new replies.