Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • bikes and travel lodges?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, has anyone had experiance in taking bikes into their rooms? Going to scotland on friday, for a walking holiday with the wife, and would like to take the bike as well. However i am not prepared to leave it in the back of the car overnight (the bike, not the wife!) when we stop half way.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

they often have meeting rooms that are not in use overnight and i've left bikes in them before. it completely depends on the staff really. Remember that hotels are incredibly prone to thefts as well, it may well be safer in thee car!

beej

I've had no trouble putting bikes in rooms, a couple of times. Once had a room with £8K of bikes in…

scott-b
    Free Member

Ive not had any problems and usually have 2 bikes.

If you prefer thet usually have a secure cleaners store where most lodges will happily let you leave them for the night.

I did get some funny looks of drunken folk with 2 bikes in the lift in Sheffield city centre travel lodge.

crispybacon
    Free Member

you could always leave the bike in the car overnight with the wife guarding it 😉

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thanks, looks like i'm sleeping with the bike!

Bunnyhop

It's fine. We've always taken our bikes in with us.
    The look on other guests faces when you pull them out of the room and along the corridor is worth seeing.

Gooner
    Free Member

if they are clean there should nt be a problem – you could ring them and ask?
    if they are dirty put them in a bike bag?

catshoe
    Free Member

Yeah, I stayed in the Westin in Montreal – very flashy indeed – and having jet lag something rotten, kept taking the bike down to reception at 5am to go for a ride round the city. Staff were cool so long as I made an effort (kept bike in bag rather than on cream carpets). Great city for riding

geoffj

Which travelodges? Outside Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee, I wouldn't be too concerned, just make sure they are securely locked to the roof.

mrmo
    Free Member

been thinking about this as i may be spending most of the next 6 months in a travel lodge.

Dunno about Travel Lodge, but never had any problems taking bikes into rooms at Premier/Travel Inn when we go BMX racing. Mind you, the bikes are smaller than MTBs.

gusamc
    Free Member

Take a shower curtain with you, under bike wheels and between handlebars and wall (probably in bath in travelogde, get disabled room if empty – it'll be bigger), well the nice lady in Scotland didn't whinge when she popped in to see if we were allright, in her luxury bungalow ….

Tracey

Done it loads of times at different hotels with 4 bikes, if you ask before you book most will allocate some where other than a room.

Tracey

snowslave

They're v broad minded in formula 1 hotels in France:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘bikes and travel lodges?’ is closed to new replies.