Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bikepacking Luggage. Any good alternatives to Alpkit?
  • jmatlock
    Free Member

I really want to start purchasing a few bits for longer adventures.

Before I order an Alpkit Koala seatpack, is there any other similar ranges I should consider?

Pics are always helpful.

James

scotroutes

Revelate (now available from backcountrybiking in Aviemore)
    Wildcat
    Porcelain Rocket

iainc

I was keen on the koala and bought a revelate pika from the good chaps in Aviemore. Superb bit of kit and miles better for my needs (CX bike for off road touring)

iainc

I did get Alpkit fuel cell which is brill and a compression dry bag to go on drop bars, both of which look top quality in the flesh too

jmatlock
    Free Member

The Aplkit stuff sure works out a fair bit cheaper.

I have a small Fuel Cell on my road bike and its brilliant.

postierich
    Free Member

Shame Alpkits stock levels are always low/non I have one of the first seat packs very impressed so far!

GavinB

Wow, that backcountrybiking site has some nice gear (and more typos and spelling mistakes than I’ve seen for a long time).

Q: is the quality of the Revelate worth the extra over the Alpkit stuff?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I’ve bought a uraltour seatpack through ebay, was delivered from Russia in 14 days and was ace value at £28 plus postage of about £8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251370082523

Nick

Be aware that with the Alpkit Koala you still will need a dry bag inside as the seams are not taped.

I have a http://www.bikepack.eu/ seatpack which is a similar design to the Alpkit and a Wildcat Tiger. The former is a good bag and a very good price, but I prefer the Wildcat Tiger as it allows you to use a dry bag of the right size for the job and is really easy to get stable/doesn’t swing about as much as the bikepack.eu one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking Luggage. Any good alternatives to Alpkit?’ is closed to new replies.