Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bikepacking – have we done the caravan for bicycles yet?
  • oliverracing

45kg is going to be fun on the hills!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well you could just stop for a lie down then 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Great idea, fab it’s down to 45kg but that’s still a decent amount to lug. Once it’s up to speed on the flat it should be fine.

Can’t help thinking it’s needs to be lower down and more aerodynamic in transit mode. A headwind would kill you stone dead.

epicyclo

robdob – Member
    …A headwind would kill you stone dead.

I think the general idea is that’s when you stop, make a cuppa and relax for a while in the privacy of your little home.

It could be fun to go touring with something like that if you didn’t set yourself distance targets each day. 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

team it up with an e-bike and your sorted.

thegreatape
    Free Member

MrsTGA wants one of them and a tandem. Yikes!

somafunk

They’ve missed a possible USP, it should be designed like a trailer tent that lies flat then pops up and out to the sides with a simple motion like opening an umbrella.

epicyclo

somafunk – Member
    They’ve missed a possible USP, it should be designed like a trailer tent that lies flat then pops up and out to the sides with a simple motion like opening an umbrella.

I think that would be just what’s needed to popularise these things.

I must admit the idea is growing on me. Just got to stop thinking in terms of distance and replace with hours in the saddle. 🙂

Low windage is a must though. I wouldn’t fancy being hit by a side wind like we can get in the Hebrides or West Coast.

Something like this but lighter would be nice:

(I spent 3 months sleeping in the tentcot part of one of those 3 years ago and it’s very comfortable)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bimey! As if cars towing wobble boxes wasn’t bad enough we are going have bikes with them too. That’s going to be a mare to tow in a crosswind. Think I’ll stick to panniers & a tent.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/jteQciA1YHE[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Like it but you would need to be holidaying somewhere pretty flat as I cannot decide what scares me most taking that up a steep hill or down a steep hill

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking – have we done the caravan for bicycles yet?’ is closed to new replies.