Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bike workstands
  • deadlegs

Bike Hand Pro. Folding repair stand. Any good off Ebay for £60? Compared to a park PCs 10.
    Also are the 30 quid Lidl specials really fit to use with heavy bikes?

lightning
    Free Member

Decathlon sell one for £85.

I went for that, and it is absolutely superb.

wiggles
    Free Member

£30 lidl jobs work fine just harder to get the bike in and out.

PCS10 is much easier to use so use that as have free access at work but just bought the £30 one for the occasional use at home, cleaning etc

ryderredman
    Free Member

£30 from ebay (same as the Aldi/Lidl ones). Holds my 17KG DH bike fine

allfankledup

Lidl +1

Held my trance at eye level – looks good to me. £20 from tomorrow apparently

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aldi ones hold bike yes…..

Soon as you stick some torque into it your chasing it round the stand. The head is very poorly secured against rotation. Basically 2 smooth surfaces with a clamp.

Couldnt hold rustymacs pivot 5.5 when i was working on it at his.

The basic feedback sports stand i can vouch for holding the bike solid even when working on it – i liked it so much when we had it in the bike shop i worked in as an occasional second workstand that i bought the pro elite for home.

How ever the basic feedbacks are. 132 quid .

The park pcs10 isnt bad either, both are a different league to the aldi one.

wingnuts

Got park front wheel out jobbie. Great but expensive. Also got decathlon which is top value . Was £50 when I got it 6 years ago.

deadlegs

I’ll see if there’s any lidl stands at my local tomorrow, check out the quality for myself. The decathlon stands look to be of similar quality to a park pcs10, not really wanting to spend more than £100.
    Was looking to get a fold away type job then look at copying and making a Kestrel shop type stand for permanent placement in the garage. Fed up of been indecisive on eBay now! Cheers for the comments.

rene59
    Free Member

This one from Decathlon is good for £80. Great quality.

Elite Team Workstand

jaylittle
    Free Member

Ive got a park pcs. Think i paid approx 95 delivered and love it. Never used any of the others but couldnt imagine working on my bike now without a stand.

alexpalacefan

I’ve been using a Feedback Sports for around 3 yrs as a professional mechanic. Looking a bit battered but still working fine, despite holding WAY too many BSOs 🙁

I recently managed to lose one of the jaws, and Feedback were fantastic about helping me source a replacement.

Highly recommended.

APF

kcal

Feedback / Ultimate here. Talked my folks into getting it for me as a birthday present. Excellent. LBS have been known to borrow it if they’re away at an event…

deadlegs

My two local lidl’s didn’t have any in. Might go for the decathlon then.

matther01
    Free Member

My bikehand one is superb. You can get it off Amazon too, but its named Raleigh bike stand.

Easy takes bikes of 30lb+ and is super stable.

Gets really good write ups on amazon and a few websites.

Best £60 investment I’ve made since riding.

WaywardRider
    Free Member

Go for the Lidl stand. At that price unbeatable value. And it’s robust. And it’s only 30 quid. I call that a ‘no brainer’.

deadlegs

Lidl ones could be alright if I could find one! Thanks for the bike hand pro/Raleigh feedback Matther01!
    Looks like I could be getting a pair of Kestrel b type stands. Maybe one to sell on.
    I’d have one setup permanently in the garage and possibly buy a cheaper lightweight folding stand.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bike workstands’ is closed to new replies.