Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Bike Work Stands at Lidl for 29.99
  • WaywardRider
    Free Member

Lidl are selling at 29.99 bike workstand complete with magnetic tool tray and handlebar restraint. I bought one, the quality is surprisingly
    good and at that price can’t be faulted.

mangoridebike

got mine too, as well a gorillapod like tripod and some compression base layers.

devash
    Free Member

I always seem to be out of the country when they do these. 👿

ruffrider

Very pleased with mine and the £3.99 chain cleaning kit/machine…

darkslider
    Free Member

If you miss it they’re normally all over ebay, got mine from there for a little bit less.

Jamie
    Free Member

I always seem to be out of the country when they do these.

As above, in the last year or so these type of stands have flooded onto eBay. Usually similar money.

saladdodger
    Free Member

bloody brilliant stand

robred
    Free Member

I got one last time lidl had them in a few months ago, its brilliant and cant fault it really at that price

welshfarmer

How long do they last. The plastic clamp seems very flexy? Doesn’t feel like it would take much abuse before snapping into a million bits

drlex
    Free Member

Hmmm – wavering in my resolve to get the Park PCS-10 stand. Perhaps I’ll settle for one of the bike tools at £6.

fieldy
    Free Member

Got mine today…..first impressions: very good for the money. Only time will tell in regard to quality, but I’m happy with it!
    Stuck an old BMX in it to test it and ended up polishing the frame????

Jamie
    Free Member

Was near my local Lidl, P’boro, today so popped in. They had loads, about 20+, of stands left. So looks like the days of them all being bought up, and chucked on eBay might have passed.

Picked up a chain cleaner for £4. Seemed rude not to.

sandwicheater

Did they have a super cheap multi tool?

Can’t re-call if was out this time. Worth a punt for my road bike saddle bag

Jamie
    Free Member

Did they have a super cheap multi tool?

Yes.

Jamie
    Free Member

sandwicheater

That’ll do nicely, will pop over this afternoon, cheers.

May have to pick up some of their Pilsner, nom nom.

sam3000

Are the ebay one a similar quality to the lidl ones?

nwill1
    Free Member

Picked up a chain cleaner £3.99 🙂

Deliberating over the Stand!? Been looking at the £60 jobsworth one on ‘On One’ website, will it last??

welshfarmer

They also have pils, festbier and wheatbier in 5 litre party kegs? 😀

pk13

I got a stand last year well worth the cash . It means I can spend extra on the bike

tom200

Chain cleaners for £3.99 too.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Got one Today, I was really surprised by the quality, it’s much better than the last one I bought which was more than twice as much.

benp1

How would these hold up to being used to hold the bike for washing purposes? Would the water spray kill it?

Obviously this wouldn’t be it’s only purpose

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

They’ve been sold for years and I can honestly say I’ve never had one returned due to fault or failure.

sweepy
    Free Member

They are all right unless you try to clamp to the seatpost, if you do you have to add bolts and tighten it up so hard that the tightening wheels break up. And even then the handlebar restraint breaks.

gogg
    Free Member

Plenty in Holyhead this morning as I went for my Saturday morning Croissants.

project
    Free Member

Loads in wrexham near Halfords for location.

drlex
    Free Member

Capitulated and bought one this morning. Sturdy beast and have tried it with three bikes. The handlebar restraint is a bit of a faff to attach, but useful. Hasn’t appreciated there was a tool tray with inset magnet, so very happy with my purchase.

(Slight buyer’s remorse on the multi-tool, though)

benp1

I picked one up earlier, as well as a bike tool kit that was reduced to £20

Put it together and tried it out, pleased wth it

On one of my bikes the top tube sits on the cables when in the clamp, will prob put some bubble wrap or something else soft when its in there to spread the load over and to the tube

timberjack
    Free Member

Got one today and it makes messing on with bikes an awful lot easier

bigfooter
    Free Member

Got mine about 2 years ago. It gets loads of use & abuse and is still going strong. For 30 notes you cannot fault it. Don’t forget, it also comes with a 3-year warranty!!

tinybits
    Free Member

Picked mine up yesterday. Pretty impressed at the price!

murf
    Free Member

Got one too, much more sturdy than I was expecting.
    Chain cleaner is a Barbeiri (sp?) one in a rebranded package and actually very good.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

19.99 from tomorrow guys bargain.

Jamie
    Free Member

You sure?

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

It’s what they pay me for

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

If you go in and the price still says 29.99 take it to the till and it will scan at 19.99, they’ve just been to lazy to change the price

Jamie
    Free Member

Any reason they are not listed on the website as coming in tomorrow?

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

They are already in store it’s the ones from last month dropibg down in price, internal reduction

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Bike Work Stands at Lidl for 29.99’ is closed to new replies.