• This topic has 138 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by dano.
Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • bike weights
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

Weight is not that important , yes i do have a 21 lb ti hardtail but its to fragile for many rides its more about fitness i will still beat my mates on my 35 lb pitch as i ride a lot more than they do

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

My scandal comes in at 24.75 pounds. Not bad, but there's plenty of room for improvement in the forks 🙂 🙂

takisawa2

04' SWorks Enduro, 454 Coil Pikes, 2.3 Nevegal's on 717's on Pro2's, Thomson & Easton kit, mix of XT/Hone = 35lbs.
    35lbs. Do I care…
    :-}

mudshark
    Free Member

Ooh a 04' SWorks Enduro that weighs more than mine! Mine's 31.3lbs with 2.25 wire cinders, deore/SOS wheels, XT drive train/brakes and 2005 Manitou Minute fork with Thomson stem/post & EA70 bars. Loses 2lbs just by putting average weight wheels and tyres on but the above combo is my freeride lite setup…. 😉

NZCol

08 Rocky Mountain Element Team, Reba Race, XTR, BB7s, Crossmax etc 26.4lbs
    ?? Serotta TiMax 29er, F29, Noir cranks, XT, hope minis, DT wheels 25.7lbs
    Both weighed on accurate scales.

sv

Just got some scales at the weekend!

My hardtail 27lbs and the Pitch is 32lbs. Thought the HT should have been lighter but hay ho!

njee20
    Free Member

yes i do have a 21 lb ti hardtail but its to fragile for many rides

I must admit I don't find mine at all fragile, I'm undoubtedly the limit, not the bike! Suppose it depends what you're doing with it, but I think if you're worrying about any of the parts then you've gone too light!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

04' SWorks Enduro, 454 Coil Pikes, 2.3 Nevegal's on 717's on Pro2's, Thomson & Easton kit, mix of XT/Hone = 35lbs.

Can't help but think you've got totally the wrong rims on there for a build like that. Too light. Too narrow.

njee20
    Free Member

If he doesn't bend them too often and he's happy with the tyre footprint surely that's fairly irrelevant!?

tinsy
    Free Member

My new build has come in at 26lb using fishing scales, guess the donor full sus was 28lb not bad, as built with weight in mind but the defining thing on parts choice.

james-o
    Free Member

i don't weigh my bikes, just use the 'test-heft' move and if it feels ok and hasn't got any lardy parts on it, i'm happy.

i went through the early 90's gram-obssesion thing and have been firmly on the wagon since )

racing_ralph
    Free Member

quite an interesting thread

druidh
    Free Member

I reckon we should set up a workstand with scales outside the shop one day and get folk to come along and weigh their bikes. I think some would be in for a shock.

br
    Free Member

My LBS now have a set of Park digital scales hung up; maybe I should suggest that they run a 'Top Gear' type table?

KT1973
    Free Member

My Santa Cruz Superlight ( http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-bike-build-1 ) is 24 lb exactly on my scales with pedals on. I built it up quite light but also with durable parts that will take some abuse and last a decent amount of time before needing replaced. I only have one bike and this one ticks all the boxes for me at the moment. Lightweight, fast, comfortable, tough, locks out fully rigid for using on the road and a good all rounder offroad with 120mm travel front and 100 rear.

njee20
    Free Member

I reckon we should set up a workstand with scales outside the shop one day and get folk to come along and weigh their bikes. I think some would be in for a shock.

I love shattering illusions, very satisfying 🙂

That Superlight would be a long way up my list of 'dubious' weights I must admit, 24? You're having a giraffe surely?

aracer
    Free Member

quite an interesting thread

Damning with faint praise.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It would be cool that Druidh – the only problem is we could put your bikes for sale on them as well and see how truthful the manufacturers are

dano
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘bike weights’ is closed to new replies.