Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bike-washing females?
  • BitterBaldingFatty
    Free Member

Who else has got a bird who doesn’t mind riding, but never washes/maintains her own bike?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Things get done, we work as a team. If I’m washing/maintainin a bike, she’s knocking up some food or washing the clothing, next day it might be the other way round. Thought that was the (at least a major) point of a relationship?!

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Amongst my female riding buddies, I can name at least NONE that clean their own mess up after a good hard ride.

colnagokid

😀 :Dso was i the only one hoping for some soap-sudded stunners?

coffeeking
    Free Member

You know them THAT well Dr D?! 😀

DrDolittle
    Free Member

When I’m finished with my bike , I put it in the shed and forget about it.

NZCol

I came home from a ride last Wed night to find my wife had washed and sorted my other bike and has also cooked a roast chicken ! Now that was quite a pleasant surprise !

BitterBaldingFatty
    Free Member

Where’s the sport in that? I’m going to bed!

DrDolittle
    Free Member

What up Chairman, you don’t like eatin’ chicken?

Travis

my good lady doesn’t wash/maintain her bike at all, she says it’s the only thing I do well…. 😯

NZCol

She then gave me a warm towel, put me in the shower and when i got to bed whe was primed and wearing her stockings*

*not entirely all factual

Onzadog
    Free Member

My other half recognises she has a magic bike that is self cleaning, self maintaining and to some extend, self upgrading. The same magic seems to happen to her kit as well. Her claim is that she couldn’t clean a bike to my satisfaction.

flatback
    Free Member

last time she washed her bike, she cried cos she found a couple of scratches!!!

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I don’t wash my bike (or my car for that matter), but I do lube the chain and clean the forks.
    My bike was built up from a load of parts the OH didn’t want, so they were all manky to begin with. That’s how I justify it anyway..

clareymorris

MrMorris doesn’t clean his, he likes it looking manky…………….

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

my mrs dosnt wash or look after her bike

she is at uni in brighton and i often get calls saying “my chain fell off” or “i got a flat wheel, when you coming to fix it”

Morpheus00
    Free Member

I was misled by the post title… I was hoping for photos of bikini babes sponging down a Kona.. ahh well.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I’m with suntingwang (suntingwang???? wtf???) on this one!! 😉

But at SITS last year I pitbitched for MrFC, stood in the chuffin’ queue for the bike wash at least 6 times, scraping off tons of mud with my hands in the middle of the night!(I’ll be taking gloves this year!)
    And when we got home MrFC was in no state to clean his bikes(having solo-ed) so I did both of them.
    So I reckon it’s only fair he does mine for the rest of the year!!! 8)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Here’s my justification!! I started MTBing at 13 and didn’t realise the importance of cleaning my bike .. would throw it in shed muddy and never seemed to break/need fixing. At the same time was always MTBing with men (not 1 chick!!) who were at least 5 years older than me .. so if something happened on the trail they would fix it ASAP and hence this has continued throughout they would never give me the time for me to learn the skills myself! Now at the age of 30 .. I can do basics but no-one would teach me the finer skills that most men can do.

Now I have a bike/garage fairy (same for my motorbike!). For us it’s like Coffeeking .. he tinkers (as he loves it) and fixes whilst I’m washing/cooking/making cups of tea.

I don’t mind washing my bike however it pe** me off when Mr MC is stood behind me watching and criticzing HOW I wash my bike!! Don’t be doing that as it’s incredibly annoying!
    So upshot is I have no clue how to fix my bike normally, can just take it apart to put in bike bag for hols .. oh and occasionally wash it but realistically over the course of a year Mr MC will definately wash it more than me!!!

Funny thing is though I did an adventure race in Dec and bike was stinking. Horrendously cold got home and cleaned bike as thought Mr MC would shout at me if I didn’t due to the state it was in and he had put lots of nice XT/XTR bits on .. he told me off for being so silly washing my bike in -4 degrees! See I can never win ……

mtbgirl
    Free Member

I wash my bike sometimes but usually th other half does it while I unload the van, stick the clothes in the washing machine and wash out the bladders. I do some of my own maintenance with a certain person watching over (eg changing my bottom bracket)but invariably he steps in when I start trying to do things up the wrong way. I guess its a bit like me watching him trying to iron a shirt – just too painful to watch and much quicker to do it yourself.

Tracey

I wash all the bikes and both cars, Kevin says it theraputic

Tracey

qwerty
    Free Member

a dirty girl that likes a good ride……………… 😈

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bike-washing females?’ is closed to new replies.