Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bike Upgrade
  • pompom
    Free Member

Hi guys i have a carrera vengence which i am upgrading slowly when i have time and funds.
    At the moment i am thinking about upgrading the forks currently i have rock shox dart 1 the very basic ones with
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSRETK/rockshox-recon-silver-tk-coil-100mm-fork-with-lockout
    My question as not really ridden for 15 years and first bike with suspension , will there be a huge benifit from these forks aprt from the lock out they still only have 100 mm travel . althou lock out is nice for climbing i am just concerned they may be a bit still stiff. currently ride round the north downs on the bridal ways.
    so should i upgrade or try buy a better model 2nd hand off ebay , any advice much appricated

khani
    Free Member

Second hand is cheaper, BUT..with the usual risks involved, eBay is better because you have some protection if you buy a faulty set,
    There’s some good deals on new rev’s and rebas at on one and Merlin at the mo, about £300ish I think, if you can stretch your budget a bit that’s worth a look

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bike Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.