Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike tour – Vietnam
  • flange
    Free Member

Looking for some advice – have used the search function and didn’t really bring anything up.

I’ve never been bike touring and I’m in desperate need of a holiday after the year I’ve just had. Thinking about doing a cycling holiday through Vietnam based purely on the fact it looked amazing on the Top Gear thing….how shallow am I!

Anyhoo, any advice on gear, time needed, routes and so on would be greatly appreciated. I’ve not really done anything like this before so its a step into the unknown for me. I’ll be using my Airbourne cross bike (with discs) and er, thats about as far as I’ve got.

So what do you know?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Been looking at the same. I’m with CTC they do some good tours to that area but sadily they are all booked up. Have a look at their site.

flange
    Free Member

Pawsy_Bear – thanks for the heads up. I’m actually after doing something on my own rather than in a group or as part of an organised trip if that makes sense?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Been on a few tours with them, cycled most of it by myself but I appreciated the company in the evening etc. Appreciate the solo urge though, Im a bit of a solo MTB rider. I like to ride when how where I want so dont like groups although Im in a MTB club.

kayak
    Free Member

The ‘crazyguyonabike’ site is worth a look for inspiration. Also worth a look is this book:

http://www.adventurecycle-touringhandbook.com/

I bought a copy even though I’ll not being able to get anything like this in for a few years. It’s a good read and has a section on South East Asia.

Cheers, Windy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike tour – Vietnam’ is closed to new replies.