• This topic has 43 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by flaps.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Bike tools – Recommendations?
  • oafishb
    Free Member

thomthumb:

Set of JIS screwdrivers for shimano mechs.

This guy knows what he’s talking about. 🙂

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Look at for bike stands at Lidl or Aldi. Usually about £25. Obviously they’re not pro grade but very decent for the price

Wera do a nice set of hex keys for about £20 – all the way up to 10mm.

And get some decent cutters. I’ve got the Park Tools ones and I like them (if a bit pricey).

Then buy tools as you need them. I’d suggest pedal spanner, chain whip and cassette tool and a bottom bracket tool

benp1

I have those Teng powerkeys, although I always referred to them a t handle keys

They are excellent, they get used a lot

For basic spannering at home I find Draper stuff to be OK. I have a lot of Facom stuff at home, I like it. I have a proper workshop tool cabinet made by facom. I love it, makes organising kit much easier. I also have tools on the wall for regularly used stuff that doesn’t need to be in the tool cabinet

flaps
    Free Member

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned…

Found the Park Tools Hex set at JeJames for £41, took the extra charge on the chin as it’s for my Birthday and they look nice 😉 I was going to order the Teng set but as I found the Park ones for just over £10 more (when considering postage) thought i’d go for those. Unior were more expensive.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Bike tools – Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.