Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bike to Work works (probabaly)
  • clubber
    Free Member

Well I know that it’s not from an unbiased source but the report does seem to match what I actually see at work and from talking to other non-cyclists who’ve taken up cycling (to work at least) after getting a bike on BTW.

So, although people like me and no doubt many others on here have used it as a way to get a cheap bike (though I have ridden mine to work FWIW), that’s not really important if it also gets other people to leave their cars at home IMO.

http://www.bikebiz.com//news/read/cycle-to-work-scheme-creates-new-cyclists

AlasdairMc

Perhaps it has been a success for those who actually use their bikes, but how many others have been bought then left in the shed unused?

I know of around ten people in my work who have taken up the scheme, and only three have actually commuted on their bike (and I’m one of the three).

I completely agree it’s a good thing for those who benefit from it, but I do get the feeling that their test sample are either from people they have identified as cyclists by being seen on a bike, or are CTW scheme users telling fibs to ensure they don’t become liable for tax and NI.

clubber
    Free Member

Absolutely but that’s still people using their bikes who maybe didn’t before. No doubt plenty are just left in the shed but I reckon that a reasonable proportion aren’t

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bike to Work works (probabaly)’ is closed to new replies.