Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike to replace Boardman Team FS 650b
  • mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Ok,

I think I’ve eventually decided to start looking for a new bike. My Boardman is too small for me. I need a bigger bike. At almost 6ft 2 and 17stone, the 19inch frame of the biggest boardman is just too cramped… I feel too far over the front, but struggle to keep the front down on steep climbs. I also notice there is quite a big difference between the level of my seat and the level of the bars when set up to match my leg length. I feel very nervous when out at the trail centres due to this.

So my search starts….

I cant afford anything super special, so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a decent full suss to move onto from my boardman. Obviously a model that comes in a decent size though.

Many thanks all.

chakaping
    Free Member

What are you looking to do on it mate?

Looking to buy new?

Any upper limit?

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Hi Chakaping,

Trail centers and natural rides. No crazy downhill or owt like that 🙂

I think def no more than 2k, ideally closer to the 1k mark as it would have to go on finance most likely.

Cheers

AlexSimon

Maybe have a read of this to see where sub £2000 bikes are.
    I would add my Bird Aeris to the list.
    I don’t know about which of the above go up to XL bike sizes, but the Aeris is nice and long so you may be happy on an L (the XL is massive).

Group Test: 10 Trail & Enduro Bikes under €2599

Another budget UK option might be an On-One Codeine.

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Cheers for that Alex. Will have a ganders now! 🙂

fooman

Specialized XL 29er Stumpjumper, Santa Cruz Tallboy are two properly big bikes

mattbee

Thought about just replacing the frame?

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

@Alex, Ok .. so on reading that link, i instantly want the Canyon Spectral 7.0 🙂 I best get some more reading done.

@mattbee, i had thought about this yes, but then i thought it would prob be more hassle finding a frame that i could just easily swap everything over too. I could prob get a better setup bike buting everything as a whole package, and then either sell or keep for spare the bike i have now.

@fooman, cheers i will take a look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike to replace Boardman Team FS 650b’ is closed to new replies.