• This topic has 28 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Bike thefts preston
  • mrh86

Just found out a friend who I go cycling with has had his bike pinched out of his shed somewhere near Preston. Police have been around and said that there are currently 2-3 sheds being broken into each night, targeting expensive bikes. The police are under the impression that they are being stolen to order and advise that people make sure shed/garage security is good, or keep your bikes inside for now.

Pete, if you read this hope you get your bike back!!

Oggles
    Free Member

Any more specific about the area? (than “somewhere near”)

And bike details to keep an eye out for?

Fullwood.

mrh86

Sorry I don’t know exactly where he lives, but the police have said the thefts have been occurring in the Preston area. I’ll get him to post some pics and a description up if he wants.

Oh, and it was a Spesh Enduro, think its about a 2009, DHX5 coil rear shock.

mrh86

Cheers John

(Probably the worst ever “bike” image, I’ll see what else I can find)

Thats better 😀

mrh86

shiver
    Free Member

Heya all,

It’s my bike that has been nicked.

The police have said that expensive bikes are being targetted in and around the Preston area….all of it! The theives are going to great lengths to only steal expensive bikes. Be warned. Advice is to keep bikes indoors.

My bike was a Specialized Enduro Carbon SL 07 but very heavily modified. Only differences to the pic below are the addition of an e-thirteen bash guard and Stans Flow rims on red Hope hubs.

mrh86

Others here as well 🙁 CLICK

Gary_C

Bump.

thursty
    Free Member

I had two bikes stolen from the Fulwood area of Preston on Tuesday (22nd Feb). A 2007 Orange 5 Pro (electric blue custom colour) with performance and Hope upgrades (size 18″) and a 2010 Whyte 19Carbon (large) which I’d had five days and ridden once. I suspect they followed me home as the Whyte was on my car. I’d also recommend keeping a watchful eye on people raising money for charity through door to door methods as I also have my suspicions that this may have been a source of information for the thieves.

spock
    Free Member

😐 Bit close to home this one…… hope you get your bikes back! Will keep eyes peeled

Vortexracing

yeah it is close to home, I’m in Coppull, only 10 mile away.

bit concerning this.

wonder where they are flogging them?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I haven’t used my bike racks much in the last few years, stick them in the boot instead, decided it was a bit too much of an obvious advert having expensive bike(s) displayed on the roof. I used to leave the roof racks on the car almost all the time, but realised that was a paticularly bad idea, sat outside the house.

orangefive
    Free Member

Fullwoods handy for the motorway, when I lived there sheds were forever getting broken into. Im only down the road and think I’ll be sticking mine in the boot from now on and getting rid of the advert roof rack! Sorry to hear about the thefts, i’d be properly gutted 🙁

shiver
    Free Member

Just had my local PC round to discuss my bike theft. She has left me her details incase any info comes my way. If any of you riders sees/hears/finds any info on bike theft in the Preston area let me know and I’ll pass it on.

lipseal
    Free Member

Its near me too, least I can keep mine in a garage.

thursty
    Free Member

With you all on the bike rack its coming off the car tomorrow. Not sure where these bikes are going. Nothing on eBay so far. I’ve heard the suggestion that they’re stolen to order but I can’t imagine like minded bike riders doing this.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’m in Fulwood… any local Preston riders?

orangefive
    Free Member

Yes – depends if your on the rob though! 😉 Im with the http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk which has plenty around this (preston) area.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Good point Dave 😆

xiphon
    Free Member

orangefive – you don’t happen to know a bloke, who lives in Clitheroe?

Went to look around his house – to buy, not rob 😉 – and he happened to be a fellow MTB’er, and told me about a group which met up on the same timetable as your website… Think his name was Gordon?

orangefive
    Free Member

I do and hes on here pal – also a fruit based rider 🙂

thursty
    Free Member

Whyte turned up on eBay. Now recovered by police together with a number of other bikes suspected to be from Preston area. Staffordshire police have these bikes including a number of Konas. Apparently bought at auction in crewe in ‘good faith’! Orange still missing!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Good news at last.

baru
    Free Member

I also had my bike stolen ( 1st july 2011) Specialized Enduro 2009 – 2010 bronze in colour(rare and distinctive colour), standard spec Fox RL etc. it was stolen from the preston docks area, specifically carrefour gym but the police said there has been many round that area. they said they have found some that had been stolen and found at car boots over 80 miles away. if anybody finds a high spec bike on a carboot please question there person as who sells a 1k+ bike at a carboot? i predict this happens with all bike as its too dangerous to keep them stored away or advertised on the internet. if anybody claims their bikes back or knows any slightest information please could you contact me on baz000@hotmail.com. i will happily help in anyway for others to get there bike back just give me a shout. police have to follow protocols i dont!!!

hora
    Free Member

I own a huge shed. **** all chance you’d get me putting my bike in there.

Yes there is something called house and contents insurance but if you claim your premiums go up..

Just like if you leave your ipod sat (effectively) on your car seat waiting to be lifted.

We’ve had this argument before and people have said ‘I dont have room in the house/missus doesn’t want it in there’…fine bikebag.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Bike thefts preston’ is closed to new replies.