Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Theft – Oxford
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Just over an hour ago, my mate has had his grey marin hardtail nicked from the roof of his car in the westgate carpark

theif has smashed the lock and mangled the roof bars, damaging the roof as well in the process

just incase anyone was in the area……..

gutted for him, want to go home to check on my bikes now.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

There’s a few Oxford coppers on here, hopfeully they’ll be along in a minute. More detailed description of bike/photo?

Edit: sorry to hear that. How did he get it into Westgate on the roof btw?

soobalias
    Free Member

cant improve on the description at the moment as im getting this via text message.

zocchi 100mm ish forks and avid juicy discs are the only components that spring to mind, cant even remember if he is a spd or flats rider 🙁

im kind of hoping that he has driven straight through a height barrier which smashed the lock, dented the roof and mangled the roof bars and rails……… and his bike is on the pavement near the entrance to the carpark!

but even with a post thursday night ride hangover, i think he might have noticed

i will ask him to fill in the details when he is near some internets

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

He’ll have parked in the open air bit I’d imagine.

Gutted for him.

soobalias
    Free Member

yeah must have been in the open bit, mustve made a load of noise smashing the lock off, but i guess even if you hear something most people ignore it

except if it begins with the extended screech of tyres and ends with the sound of breaking glass and sirens.

as its not where the bike would usually be i guess it must be opportunist.

i wonder what the turn around time is for the thieves are they likely to sit on it for a while or advertise/sell it as quick as possible?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

He’ll have parked in the open air bit I’d imagine.

That’s some brazen stealing if that’s the case, on a Friday afternoon and with what sounds like some noisy damage done. Should the CCTV round there I guess?

soobalias
    Free Member

does oxford have its own version of brick lane? Im imagining something a little more ‘car boot sale’ i guess

cant believe it would have been cctv covered, but some people really are that stupid

sierrafox73
    Free Member

Guy’s I did park in the outside bit of westgate, my car was 4 spaces fron the entrance barrier and I don’t believe for one second nobody witnessed the theft. The bike carrier is wrecked the force required to shear the locking device must have been something else, hence the array of dents in the roof and down the passsenger side of my jeep. Bike is a Marin Hawk Hill in cobolt grey, avid juicy brakes, flat pedals, has got saddle pack with tools, cateye rear and front light(post last nights ride out) and pretty muddy. Any help would be great needless to say I’m gutted and just to top it off insurance will not pay out…..

sierrafox73
    Free Member

PS I was in town for approx 56 minutes from entry to car park to paying my ticket, was in police station longer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Theft – Oxford’ is closed to new replies.