Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike Theft Glasgow West End
  • Shak47

I had my garage broken into this afternoon and a Silver Specialized Rockhopper Pro swiped.
    Bike is quite distinctive it was a 2003 silver frame, black electrical tape on top tube, fitted with Hope Mono Mini Brakes, Fox Talas RLC Forks, Saint S/S Chainset, XT pedals, Nobby Nic on Front, Racing Ralph on rear, Hope x Mavic 717 Rims wheels.
    Good kit but old bike.

Worst of all a family that have the corner garage had just got their kids a couple of new mountain bikes, Blue Carrera’s not sure what model, the lads seem well pleased with them, it was their 1st real MTB’s, they got stolen as well, and it looks like they arent insured.

If anyone sees a scrote on a odd Single Speed Rockhopper around Glasgow please let me know, not bothered about the bike, that can be replaced, but I would like a chat with the thieves.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate, I’ll keep my Ayrshire eyes peeled.

Shak47

To catch a bike thief…..

So working from Home today again looks out the back window and hallelujah the thieving bstrds are back, one lookout and three other youths forcing the garage locks, so called in the police rather excitedly to say the least.
    I then went out the front of my house, up the back lane and there walking towards me are the 4 bike thieves,only one way out the lane, anyway 3 head over the garden walls, the fourth is wrestled to the ground and lands in a puddle, hood was useful for drowning out his bleats, so called mates ran off.
    Within 5 minutes unmarked police car screeches up the lane, give the thief to the police, and me and a second policeman find one in a garden oand chase him across a number of gardens eventually cornering him in gardens off of clouston street. By this time a small army of police cars and vans turned up. I get stood down, come back to the garages, notice they broke into two, so phoned the owner of the garages to let her know, also returned a bike the tea leaves had stashed up the lane, not a bad afternoons work, just hope they havent broke my bike down to sell yet and the police get it back for me.

Still shaking with excitment, just glad I didnt got to town on the git.

MrTall
    Free Member

Good effort.

I caught a burglar a few years back and it’s a good feeling isn’t it, certainly gets the adrenaline flowing!

Hope you get your bike back.

arthurcrabstick
    Free Member

Shak47…

Top work, well done.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nice one. I do hope you were gentle with the poor lamb as you restrained him 😈

Shak47

Aye, adrenalin is the word Mr Tall, certainly got a buzz out of that. Still shaking.

TJ, I was remarkably restrained all things considering, body slammed him to the deck then restrained with a knee to the neck, didnt like the look of his face so wrapped his hoodie over it, he apparently was choking, or so he said to the police.
    Police just been up for a statement, this is the third time in 3 weeks the garages have been done, quite impressed with the police response they were here in minutes initially and within 15 had flooded the area.
    Apparently they know at least one of the others so hopefully they are on the way to his house to turn it over and myself and the other garage owners might get our stuff back.

legend
    Free Member

strange, I thought the STW thing to do was to write a strongly worded email to the thieves?? 😉

Good effort getting the wee scrotes!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

good work shak, i got my bike stolen from kirklee this time last year.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

have a gold star.

Shak47

Cheers!

Had to do an hour of weight training to get the adrenalin out the system.

That was a buzz fer sure, one less bike thief on the streets of Glasgow tonight, well until his mum picks him up….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike Theft Glasgow West End’ is closed to new replies.