Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike Swingers Club
  • Mooly
    Free Member

I dont know if this has ever been suggested but would it be an idea to have a bike share scheme where you aim to meet other mountainbikers at trail centres etc and agree to try out others bikes.
    The benefit being if you have ever seen a bike that you thought you wanted a ride on you could have a go.
    Bit like a bike swingers club I guess but with bikes not wives.

Wotdeyathink?

RealMan
    Free Member

Do what you want to my gf, you’re not touching my bike.

I think most will feel that way. Mostly because what happens when the other guy crashes and scratches your frame, breaks a spoke, snaps your handlebars, etc. etc.

Mooly
    Free Member

Had a funny feeling that might be the case.

chewkw
    Free Member

I don’t feel good riding other’s bike.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

My bike breaks under 2 circumstances, either I ride it too hard or some idiot rides it badly

andrewh
    Free Member

You can try the SS but no-one else, ever, gets to ride the race bike. Ever.

catfood
    Free Member

Id go for that, only one of my mates rides and he bought a prophet after borrowing mine for a while so I havent ridden anything except my bikes for the last five years or so, Id love to try some other bikes out.

I lent my old, but in beautiful condition steel Kona HT to a mate for a couple of rides and the rims came back dented and worn through. The rims were quite old, so I didn’t blame him for the wear, but the fact remains, my pub hack needs 2 new wheels.

This is just one example of many where lending never ends well.

philconsequence
    Free Member

this thread is not the sexyparty i thought it would be.
    👿

rOcKeTdOg

how many times should i flash my troutlite for a feel up?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m not sure about a ‘swingers club’ but I have no problem with riding buddies taking my only bike out for a spin, just as the majority of them would have no problem with me ragging their bike a bit.
    I bought my Evil after having a doing Carn Ban Mor on a friend’s, and I have since converted a few others to the way of the 140mm hardtail, too. I like the idea of pooled resources.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike Swingers Club’ is closed to new replies.