Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike storage ideas please.
  • judy-rockshox
    Free Member

I have moved to a smaller place so don’t have a spare room to store my bikes now. I have a Topeak Two Up which was great but it stores them horizontally.
    For months an ad kept coming up on my Facebook page which claims to store them by putting the back wheel in first then you lift it up so the front wheel and bars are secured facing upwards so theoretically it takes up less space.
    Does anyone know or have one of these? They were around £45 or 2 for something.
    Also is it ok to store your bike with the suspension forks virtually upside down?

frogstomp

Not sure about the one you are describing but Topeak (and others) do vertical holders – OneUp/SwingUp/TurnUp. Or just use a big hook from your local DIY store!

Should be fine with your forks suspended that way – the seals and foam wipers will benefit from being lubricated by the oil in the forks.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Halfords do bike hooks, I got a few for our bikes, the bikes rest on their rear wheels, the hooks stop the bike falling backwards, front wheel I’m the hook, bike vertical on its rear wheel. Hook doesn’t suspend the bike, but I suppose it could.

daern
    Free Member

I remember that my old Pace RC41s didn’t used to like being stored upside down as the oil would run out of the damper and they’d ride like a bouncy castle until the damper managed to fill itself up again.

Has this sort of problem gone away with modern forks?

frogstomp

I think most forks above a certain level use sealed cartridge dampers these days. I guess it may still cause issues with open bath ones?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage ideas please.’ is closed to new replies.