Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike Storage
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

How do you store your bikes? Do you just lean them against the wall / each other or do you use a rack?

I’m looking for the best way to store our bikes. We’ve got 6 in total, a mix of mtb and road. We’re moving house in 2017. The new house has a double garage so space isn’t an issue. We just want the best way to store them.

scotroutes

I hang mine off the garage wall on cheap, plastic-coated hooks.

Placed alternately front/rear wheel up they take up little space.

Hang them high enough off the ground and there will be some storage space underneath.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

As above but alternate adult and kids bikes so higher, lower.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Ive used hooks in the wall with alternating front wheel rear wheel. But got a bit carried away and have a separate anchor for each of the better bikes and the whole line also locked to each other.

siwhite
    Free Member

If you have decent headroom, I’d recommend some of these Hoists

Takes about ten seconds to either lift or drop a bike, and they look rather good up in the rafters.

eskay

I hang using these:

Link

joshvegas
    Free Member

Those hoists are alot of hassle*

Fine for long term storage but a pain in the arse otherwise and they don’t free up any space as you need to be totally clear underneath.

I’ll break out my solution

* i had a bike land on me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have one bike on a hoist as linked to above, its my wifes bike and she doesn’t use it very often so its fine way up there.

But it would be a hassle if it was a bike I used daily, plus you need the height of the bike plus height of person plus an extra bit or you’ll be bumping your head on the bike.

I have 4 other bikes on the wall at two different levels. 2 higher up on this type of thing and two must frequently used bikes below on tusk wall hangers.

Works well as bikes are off the floor and are easy to access. But I do have a lot of height to work with in my garage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike Storage’ is closed to new replies.