Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Bike shops that employ ladies or girls……………;o)
  • ianpv
    Free Member

So TJ, would you call a 12 year old post-mernarche female (of which there are many), a woman?

ton

ignore teej.
    he just likes to defend or protest anything with 'IST' in it.

jojoA1
    Free Member

So TJ, would you call a 12 year old post-mernarche female (of which there are many), a woman?

Just what I was about to post. 11 years old is becoming a quite normal age at which to start menstruating and I'm pretty sure no one would call an 11 or 12 year old a woman. Do you support marrying them off to start their childbearing years at that age, as they do in some countries when a girl reaches "womanhood"….

😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He he he he.

By definition once menstruating she is a woman.

Fine fishing today.

Edit – calling a grown woman a"girl" is making her out to be a child and all part of the androcentric / phallocentric conspiracy.

"male superiority is a phallusy"

ianpv
    Free Member

Says the man who bit first and hardest 🙄

Kit
    Free Member

I've only ever seen/met one female employee in a bike shop, so count yourself lucky ton!

ton

also i would like to think that the ladies on the forum know that i was not having a dig at females.
    if you go for a job in a bikeshop…you must surely have a interest in bikes.

Philby

Had good service from some of the women my LBS (Bike Bristol) has employed over the years.

zokes
    Free Member

if you go for a job in a bikeshop…you must surely have a interest in bikes.

Do you reckon the same applies in Ann Summers? 😆

Kit
    Free Member

Do you reckon the same applies in Ann Summers?

A knowledge of riding techniques would certainly be beneficial.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Surely the standard issue answer to any blank look or inaccurate response from a vacant teen in any retail outlet is "Can I speak to your dad?"

BigJohn

It's funny as **** going into Henry Burton's in Stafford and asking the woman there for anything more complicated than a puncture repair kit.

She starts off by doing a fish impression, and then shouts in the back "Richard, can you help this gentleman, please, he wants something called a delayer, or rare mick".

She must have been working there for 25 years at least

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A very nice and knowledgeable lady works in John's Cycles in Bath 😳

DaRC_L

yep had the front wheel on my Blur built by the woman in my LBS – fantastic wheel build.

BigDummy
    Free Member

something called a delayer, or rare mick

Like it. 😀

nickc

There's an 18 year old woman/girl/female (delete as applicable) works in the LBS I use occasionally. I needed some extra long spokes nipples for some 819s I was building a while back, the sniggering from the workshop behind was worthy of any sitcom laughter track…

I dunno who was more embarrassed TBH.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I spent half my working life in the retail trade, one of the most important things you can have is an intimate knowledge of the stock you sell – what it is and what its for – you don’t necessarily nee the ability to use it – I could discuss with professional trades man the finer points of a wide range of trade tool (use to supply a lot of brickeys & sparks that worked at the local pit) but can barely put up a shelf myself – although I do know the right tools to use

Gender is not a factor in this – it about product knowledge & sales technique

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Bike shops that employ ladies or girls……………;o)’ is closed to new replies.