Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bike shops on Cyclescheme near Halifax..
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Lad at work lives in Halifax & wants a bike from Cyclescheme & can use Blazing Saddles in Hebden or Aire Valley Cycles in Keighley, or Pedalsport or Cyclegear of Halifax. (I’ve heard of both Blazing Saddles & Aire Valley)

Which would you use?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Whichever has the bike he wants?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Whichever has the bike he wants?

Which would be simple pimple if only he knew.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve been in blazing a few times. Can he pop in and have a chat with a few?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

cyclescheme have a search function on their website – it will show you which local shops you can use

Evans here didn’t sell the bike i wanted but they ordered one in for me – could have gone elsewhere but they were doing 10% off as an opening offer.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

He’s done the search function already & those I mentioned are what came up. I’ve heard of Blazing Saddles & Aire Valley, I’m trying to guide him in the right direction of the shop that will give him the best advice/help/after sales if he needs it.

He mentioned Evans at Cas Vegas, I told him not to bother with that shower of sheizekopfs! (after my experience)

headfirst
    Free Member

I can vouch for Pedalsport. Great customer service and advice when I bought my first rode bike and then later did a quick cheap fix on my mtb suspension. The guy who owns it (Mark IIRC?) is a good bloke.

Scapegoat

Pedals port are good guys, but I’d go to see Bob at Velocity in Lindley, Huddersfield. Deals in Cube, genesis, Merida to name but a few. Good guys, good service,. He signed up to the C2W scheme so I could get a Peloton without having to deal with Leisurelakes.

fubar
    Free Member

Aire Valley have been a decent with me and I’d be happy to go back (I bought my first mountain bike from them some years ago and they were helpful in sorting a small issue). Blazing saddles have also been good …erm, did that help ?

Cougar

Blazing Saddles rock. Bought two bikes from them and are my “LBS” despite being 20 miles away. Highly recommended.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cheers! I’ve passed those on to him.

patriotpro
    Free Member

All your mate has to do is put his postcode in to one of schemes websites and it’ll bring up the scheme-participant shops within a radius of his choice…

Scapegoat

esselgruntfuttock is the window open until end of May and do I recognise your name from your user name?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bike shops on Cyclescheme near Halifax..’ is closed to new replies.