Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike shops in Cheltenham
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Any good ones?

Kieran

John, Ben, Pete and the guys at Cheltenham Cycles give a fantastic service and are very friendly.

Williams are ok for obscure bits and pieces, I think a forum member here works there and has slowly brought them into the 21st century.

I would rather (and do for any Cannondale stuff) use Noahs Ark in Stroud than have to visit Leisure Lakes,

v666ern
    Free Member

Only bought parts from LL they seemed friendly enough but a couple of mates have had lots of probs, whether thats down to them or the bikes though…

Noahs Ark – helpful and bike test area is good

OR if your after a cheap bike service i highly recomend Gloucester cycle discount warehouse taken road and MTB’s there and always been chuffed with the service

superdale
    Free Member

In defence of Leisure Lakes I have always found them more than helpful. They can sometimes be busy yes but they have swaped C-dale Headshoks around frames for me, serviced Hope brakes and replaced wheel bearings & freehubs no problems, even sometimes while I waited & got a coffee. The chief mechanic who works there is very very good!

mboy
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes have improved massively over the years, used to be full of sneery staff that wouldn’t look twice at you unless you’d got several grand burning a hole in your back pocket, but much better these days. Also got 2 very good mechanics (not that the old one wasn’t good in car he’s reading! 😉 ).

Cheltenham cycles are a very friendly bunch of guys. Pete the mechanic posts on here occasionally, he’s very helpful and knows his stuff for sure. They may not have as big a range as LL but what they do sell is all good quality and they know what they’re talking about.

Williams is a bit of an oddball, you can go in there and find an absolute gem on occasion, usually a NOS part from about 1998, but in general though the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable it is more geared at commuters and cycle tourists than MTBers and roadies, which probably works quite well as the other 2 shops have this area covered well.

Further afield, as said above there’s Noah’s Ark in Stroud. Used to be the de facto bike shop in Gloucestershire (and kind of still is for snowboarding) but if I’m honest last time I went I found the guy who owns it too abrupt and not very helpful which put me off a bit. It’s also a long way from where I live now. There used to be a small branch of it in Cheltenham years ago but sadly no longer, as this was a pretty cool little shop.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

What are you after?Cheltenham Cycles are great bit slow in getting me my next batch of APPLES but hey ho :lol:Leisure lakes are fine.Rest dont bother with.

SOAP
    Free Member

cheers guys….just working there for a couple of days so was gonna have a moooch about. maybe buy a jersey or some chain lube, who knows

amt27
    Free Member

i use Leisure Lakes a lot, they answer emails quickly, so I can get prices (they usually pricematch internet shops) and stock information, then I get the gf to pick stuff up for me as she works nearby,

bought my Epic from them, massive discount on an ex-demo model, plus they removed rotors and cassette when they ceased,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike shops in Cheltenham’ is closed to new replies.