Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Bike shop brands , must haves ?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Altura, popular with the commuters I suppose.

I’d say Fox too for mtb. Eudura stuff I’d get from CRC if they could manage stitching that didn’t rapidly come apart.

I’d like an LBS that does nice road stuff as fit is important. I’d be happy to pay a bit more to be able to browse a good stock and try stuff on. Sportful and Castelli are nice but often subject to some pretty big online discounts. I wonder if you could get in some of the smaller niche brands?

Shackleton

A wide range of helmets from a selection of manufacturers other than the usual bell/giro/bontrager/etc. I’d travel to get a helmet that fitted and be willing to pay rrp. Same goes for shoes and gloves.

I like mavic, endura and madison clothing. All good vfm and suit most people’s needs across a wide range of disciplines.

For other stuff I’d like an lbs that stocks the things that you need the day of a ride in case of a problem. Good tyres in appropriate sizes, rear mech at slx/xt level, chains, tyre sealant, freehub repair kits, bearings, bottom brackets and pedals.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Bike shop brands , must haves ?’ is closed to new replies.