• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike shoes for all bikes?
  • LMT
    Free Member

I have wide feet and struggle to find shoes that fit and comfortable, I have been running am45 and now am9 on the mtb, on the commute some speshi tahoo a good few years old now I went to replace them but the new tahoo are like trainers, so I passed and got some speshi cliplite they fit well in the shop but on the bike just too narrow and my flat feet and one toe hate them.

So I’m looking for something that I can use on the road bike and occasional mtb, wide and comfortable, oh and if anyone wants a pair of cliplite size 43, there for sale as evans won’t take them back, which I expected tbh.

Any recommendations under £100?

spawnofyorkshire

The wide version of the Shimano MO89?
    I mainly use them for road biking but have used them on the MTB

LMT
    Free Member

Should of said I run candy’s on all my bikes, mtb, hybrid, road all the same pedals.

RustySpanner

Very wide feet here and Giro fit me well, much better than Shimano.

They do look like trainers though.

DezB
    Free Member

The wide version of the Shimano MO89?

Was going to recommend these – I have the normal fit and they’re really comfortable for my fairly wide feet. The wide definitely worth a try.

MSP

The spesh 2fo clip are wider than the cliplite, I was really disappointed that they changed the last for the cliplit. I don’t understand this idiotic idea that bike shoe manufacturers have, that peoples foot shape depend on the cycling discipline.

LMT
    Free Member

I got them as they wouldn’t look un-roady on the road bike or out of place on the commute or mtb but 2 road rides and an mtb ride I’ve given up on them, just not comfortable which surprised me as in the bike shop they felt like my other shoes but there’s no give in them while my am9 and tahoes have some stretch and give, these don’t.

Hhmm not selling the idea of selling them oops!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike shoes for all bikes?’ is closed to new replies.