Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike shed / workshop / garage / utility room etc etc…..show me yours :)
  • finners

I know this has been done in the passed, but i cant find the old thread. If someone has a link it'd be appretiated. Im moving flat and the new place has a utility room crying out to be used as a bike shed / workshop. Show me yours, i need inspiration, WHY? 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

no way the tealeaves will see my set up 😉

only joshing – mines crap so not worth posting.

finners

You raise a fair point about the tea leaves. I guess i only need a pic of the interior anyway 🙂 Im thinkin simplicity. Whitewash the walls and paint / durable rubber flooring…..

jahwomble
    Free Member

That's it, that corner of the spare room. sometimes I put them the other way up. When I get really giddy, I might turn them around. If I really really have to…… I might buy a new tool.:) The disgusting carpet also masks oil related accidents.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

your on the right idea I guess.

I'm guessing your renting so yes whitewash walls/cheapest lino you can get on the floor also stick some onto some plyboard and screw it to the wall to pretect walls from GT85 overspray on one side of the room!! Fugly I know but oily marks are a beach to paint over when you leave the flat and the theiving landlord is looking for any excuse to keep your bond!!!

4 screw holes filled and painted over is an easier option on moving day.

then a bike holding device to aid maintenance and be careful with overspray of above oil solution

somewhere to store tools/kit

oh and dont forget to incorporate some sort of lock bolted to wall/floor even though it's inside your flat better be safe than sorry if a landlord has a key and gives it to an unscruplious tradesperson it may get lifted.

not that I'm a suspicious type you know!!??!!

time for bed I'm rambling on!!!

you get the idea finners

5lab

its a lot more complete now though – has full set of cone spanners, ratchet spanners, spoke keys, torx screwdrivers, swarfega dispenser etc etc etc

used to be the kitchen 🙂

335.geek
    Free Member

Jah? Not having a go but what the hell is going on with that bike? that sadddle and seat post and hitch must weigh a ton…..were you drunk when you put it together or does it ride better than it looks 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike shed / workshop / garage / utility room etc etc…..show me yours :)’ is closed to new replies.